Erowid Character Vaults
- Albion College, B.A. (cum laude), Philosophy & Psychology, Albion, MI. 1962
- Yale University, M.Div., Religion: Teaching & Research, New Haven, CT. 1965
- Georg-August University, Psychiatry & Religion, Goettingen, Germany. 1963-64
- Andover-Newton Theological School (Graduate Psychology Department), S.T.M.(cum laude), Psychology, Newton Centre, MA. 1966
- Brandeis University, Psychology, Waltham, MA. 1966-67
- Catholic University, Ph.D., Education: Counseling, Washington DC. 1975
- Licensed Psychologist, State of Maryland, June 1976, #916
- Licensed Psychologist, District of Columbia, January 1978, #835 (Inactive)
- Registrant with Council for the National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology, 1976, #19306
- Certificate of Professional Qualification in Psychology (CPQ), Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards (ASPPB), #1,388; April 2001.
- Member, American Psychological Association
- Fellow, Maryland Psychological Association
- Psychologist, Department of Psychiatry, Bayview Medical Center, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, 2005-present.
- Private practice of clinical psychology, 1976-present.
- Senior Fellow, Council on Spiritual Practices, San Francisco, CA, 1999-present
- Clinical Supervisor, Pastoral Counseling Program, Loyola College, Columbia MD, 1983-87.
- Associate Professor, Human Development Program, Antioch University/Maryland, Baltimore MD, 09/1980-06/81; Assistant Professor, 09/1979-08/80.
- Assistant Professor, Developmental-Clinical Psychology Program, Antioch University/Maryland, Columbia MD, 09/1977-08/79.
- Research Associate, Maryland Psychiatric Research Center, University of Maryland School of Medicine, (Department of Psychiatry: psychotherapy research), Baltimore MD, 01/1977-06/77 (full-time); 07/1977-06/78 (part-time).
- Research Fellow II, Maryland Psychiatric Research Center Division of Clinical Sciences: psychotherapy research), Maryland State Department of Health & Mental Hygiene, Baltimore MD, 1970-76.
- Psychotherapist, Pastoral Counseling & Consultation Centers of Greater Baltimore (part-time), 1971-72.
- Assistant Director/Psychotherapist, Coleridge House Residential Facility for Treatment of Narcotic Addiction), Baltimore MD, 1969-70.
- Research Psychotherapist, Friends Medical Science Research Center, Baltimore MD,1967-69.
- Research Assistant to Abraham Maslow, Department of Psychology, Brandeis University, Waltham MA, 1966-67.
- Chaplain Intern, Massachusetts Mental Health Center, Boston MA, Summer 1966.
- Interim Minister, Congress Heights Presbyterian Church, Washington DC, Summer 1965.
- Research Assistant to Hanscarl Leuner, M.D., Psychotherapy Division, Psychiatric Clinic, Georg-August University, Goettingen Germany, 1963-64.
- Minister of Youth (part-time), Methodist Church, Torrington CT, 1962-63, 1964-65.