Erowid - Honest Global Drug Information
Almost as Fun as Being Poisoned...Almost
by Atlas
Citation:   Atlas. "Almost as Fun as Being Poisoned...Almost: An Experience with Yohimbe (exp100068)". Jun 17, 2020.

2 capsls oral Yohimbe


Let me start of by saying that I am no stranger to stimulants. I've done pretty much every drug out there except PCP and I'm sure I've missed a few RC's along the way. I have extensive experience with amphetamines- my favorite being Meth. I can not stress enough that this experience is the worst I've had with drugs. Which is saying something. The anxiety was almost enough for me to go to the ER. I kept my cool and reminded myself that I wasn't going to die. I hadn't taken enough so the odds were astronomically low.

Around 2:00 I stopped by a smoke shop. I noticed these pills. They were red and had some generic name like Nrgize or something hinting that them being stimulating. I bought a package of two and saw that they contained yohimbe along with some other ingredients. The only psychoactive ingredient though, was the yohimbe bark. I'm unaware of what the exact dosage was. The package said not to take more than one in a 24hr period but my experience with legal-highs has shown me that the labels on these things are very conservative and with my past experience I was certain two would be fine. But I was wrong. This experience was such a nightmare that I wouldn't even take just one of these pills if you paid me!

I took the pills and began to drive home.

(T+ 0:30) I noticed a sudden mental clarity. My mind was noticeably more lucid. I smiled, thinking this was the start of a fun speed experience.
(T+ 0:45) I arrived home and walked into my house and realized I had quite a headache. I went upstairs to take a 'nap'. I started to have some intense anxiety and wanted to lay down but couldn't sit still. This only made me more anxious. I tried taking a few deep breaths.
(T+ 1:00) My heat was pounding in my chest. I could feel every pulse point in my body just banging away. I was shaking very badly and that's when the nausea set in.
I could feel every pulse point in my body just banging away. I was shaking very badly and that's when the nausea set in.

(T+ 1:15) I hadn't eaten anything all day. So I really had nothing to vomit up which was a good/ bad thing. Good because I didn't want to puke. Bad because I figured if I puked I would feel better. Surprisingly, I did puke. A lot. It tasted so horrible. It was a burning bitter rubber crap taste. There's really no way to describe it. It was horrible.

(T+ 1:30) I went back downstairs, believing the worst was over. Which, to be fair, the worst was over- but I wasn't out of the woods yet.
(T+ 1:45) I force down a piece of bread after reading that eating food negated the effects of yohimbe. It sounded kind of dumb but I was willing to try anything. It was a difficult undertaking but I finished the bread and I started drinking a bottle of water. I was able to drink a few sips. It was just too difficult. I smoked a cigarette. (This didn't make things any worse or any better but it was certainly not a smart thing to do considering what I was dealing with.)

(T+ 2:00) I desperately searched for any clue as to how long of an experience I was in for. I was relieved to read that the peak would've passed by this time and the main effects lasted 2-4 hours with some residual effects for a few more hours. I had also read a site that said it lasted 12 hours but I told myself the site that said 4 hours was right. I was more in control at this point. I put in headphones, turned on a live version of Dark Star by the Grateful Dead, and lit another cigarette.
(T+ 2:30) The song came to an end and faded into St. Stephen. I pulled my headphones out. Over the past half-hour I was able to drink about a fourth of the water bottle. I realized how dizzy I was when I stood up and the action of suddenly stander up sped my heart up exponentially. I stumbled up to my room to try to shower, making it just in time to regurgitate all the water I had struggled to get into my system.

(T+ 2:45) When I was finally able to move from the floor of my bathroom I got up and turned on the water to take a shower. The nausea is gone and I breathe a sigh of relief. Before I hop in the shower I decide to test out the aphrodisiac qualities of this substance. I was sorely disappointed. My nausea returned to a lesser degree. I was constantly getting distracted and losing my erection. Which seemed to contradict almost everyone else's experience. It was like MDMA in that I just couldn't focus on the porn. That was the only similarity they shared. I was able to finish relatively quickly but with almost no orgasm. My heartbeat was increased quite a bit by the activity and I was sweating like I was in a sauna. I vomited some more and got in the shower where I vomited even more. I couldn't stand up much longer so I got out, dried myself off slightly, and collapsed into bed. I was still pretty wet but just couldn't be bothered to do anything about it.
(T+ 2:45) I felt better. At least better enough to dry myself off more and get dressed. I was hot and cold at the same time. I took a few breaths and walked downstairs. I grabbed my laptop and began writing this report.

It's been roughly three hours since this all started. I feel much better though still a little shaken up. I'm on my porch smoking another cigarette. I'm still shivering and cold, yet sweating bullets to the point where I've sweat through three shirts. I'm wearing a hoodie and shorts. Again, I'm sweating like crazy but I'm just too cold to get into cooler clothes. I was able to get through almost a whole water bottle which would've probably helped if I had been able to keep any of it down. I've come down enough to act normal and be around people but I just wish I was back to baseline- that I hadn't taken anything at all. If you want to get a good idea of what my yohimbe experience was like- just think of an extremely large dose of adderall with all the negative effects and then some, and none of the positive effects. (To put it in perspective- I once took 340mg of Vyvanse with remarkably less anxiety that this. I know how to hold myself together on stimulants. I would normally just ride on the waves of euphoria. But this was totally different.)

A breakdown of the effects:

Duration 2-6 hours
-Onset: 15-30 mins
-Coming Up: 30-60 mins
-Plateau: 2-4 hours
-Coming Down: 4-6 hours
*After Effects: 2-4 hours
*Hangover: until a good nights sleep

Effects List:

- Increased Alertness/ Wakefulness
- Rushing Sensations
- Enhanced Perception of Music
- Increase in Sexual Feelings

- Reduced Apetite
- Dialated Pupils
- Flushing
- Dry Mouth
- Red Eyes

- Restlessness
- Anxiety/ Panic Attacks/ Paranoia
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Bruxia
- Sweating
- Headache
- Irregular Heartbeat
- Fever
- Uncontrollable Movements
- Blurred Vision
- Hyperventilation
- Hypertension
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Itchiness
- Insomnia
- Numbness
- Psychotic Episodes (possible at high doses)

Exp Year: 2012ExpID: 100068
Gender: Male 
Age at time of experience: 20 
Published: Jun 17, 2020Views: 943
[ View as PDF (for printing) ] [ View as LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Switch Colors ]
Yohimbe (96) : Alone (16), Difficult Experiences (5), First Times (2)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports are copyright Erowid and you agree not to download or analyze the report data without contacting Erowid Center and receiving permission first.
Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the individual authors who submit them.
Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults