Alone In The Woods
Citation:   Andrew. "Alone In The Woods: An Experience with 25I-NBOMe (exp100688)". Oct 31, 2013.

0.5 mg buccal 25I-NBOMe (blotter / tab)
    repeated smoked Cannabis  
This wasn't my first time doing 25i-NBOMe. I've done it roughly 5 times in doses of 1.0 mg throughout the last year or so. I always had very introspective, philosophical experiences with this drug. Always a positive experience. This was not the same.

I decided to set up a campsite about a mile deep into the woods, take 25i and relax out there for the day. I brought with me some snacks, and 5 bottles of water (2.5L total). I had never drank more than one or two during a trip before, so I figured this would be plenty. I also brought about a gram of ground up weed, and a steam roller pipe. Weed has always increased the positive introspective effects of this drug for me, and it tends to be my 'comfort' drug when things get crazy. I also brought some baking soda, as I learned from my previous experiences that it helps neutralize gas build-up in my stomach. It makes me burp when I feel that I can't. Finally, I brought along 2 tablets of ibuprofen, to help control my body temperature.

Once I got set up, I took half a tab (500 micrograms) and put it under my upper lip. Since I was alone, I decided to only take that amount, rather than a full tab, just in case. I laid down in my hammock, and relaxed, awaiting the come up.

After about 25 minutes, the effects started to hit. Random little bursts of laughter and happiness. Things got a little trippy. This part was nice. At this point, I thought this was going to be a great day. I took some hits off my pipe as I started to come up. Weed definitely increased the visual effects.

After maybe 45 minutes to an hour, I was getting the urge to get up and walk around. I got out of my hammock, managed to get my basic stuff together, and decided to take a bit of a hike. Minutes after I started walking, I realized I was pouring sweat. I had gone through a full water bottle already. I continued, getting further and further away from my campsite. I was walking downhill, too. After around 20 minutes of walking, I was totally out of breath, feeling like I was going to pass out. I was soaked in sweat, and had gone through another 2 water bottles. I continued on, as I believe I was looking for some sort of a clearing where I would be free of the mosquitoes. However, at this point, the amount of sweat covering my skin made it nearly impossible for them to bite me, anyways. The bug spray I had covered myself with previously was rendered ineffective. I soon made the decision to go back, as this was getting serious. It was no longer a fun hike being stoned out of my mind, it was a life-threatening situation. I only had one more bottle of water on me, and the whole way back was uphill. There was one more bottle back at my campsite, half empty.

I turned around, and started heading back. The trails became harder and harder to follow. I had no visual aids and I usually wear glasses. They aren't necessary when I'm just outdoors, and I had discovered during a previous trip that it was nicer to keep them off. Everything was starting to look very similar. I had 'dropped a pin' on my campsite location on my phone (thank god), so I referred to that to guide me back where I needed to go.

I became very aware of how this drug effects blood pressure. If I had not read about how 25i works previously, I would have attempted to push through the resistance, and probably would have lost consciousness. Walking up even a small incline was wearing me down more than I could imagine. I came to the steepest, longest part of the ascent, and took the remainder of my water into my mouth and kept it there. This put me into a weird state of mind, where I could just ignore everything else and climb the hill almost effortlessly. I was focused on my breathing, the way my body was angled against gravity, and the steadiness of my movements. Keeping everything steady and gradual was perhaps the most important thing I did.

As I neared the area of my campsite, the trails disappeared. There was no longer a path that I could see, I had literally no idea where I was. I could very easily have panicked at this point, and I did start to. That would have been bad. I was coherent enough to stop the negative thought process dead in its tracks, and assess what the best plan of action would be. I zoomed in on my phone, using the compass/GPS, and decided to literally just go in a straight line to my camp site. This involved maneuvering through bushes, trees, mud, water, slippery rocks, fallen branches, etc. I finally saw the camp site, and went over and downed my last half bottle of water.

I took my soaking wet clothes off and laid down in my hammock. I realized I was out of water. I saw two options:

1) Just relax, try to slow my heart rate and stop sweating so much, sleep it off (eventually), and go home tomorrow. However if I wasn't able to do that, I would be in a situation where I would definitely run into problems going home, having waited so long to do so.

2) Just go home, leave my shit there, go back for it tomorrow. What if I ran into serious dehydration problems on the way home, and showed up to both of my parents, pouring sweat, pale, peaking on some random drug, unable to mentally communicate what was going on?

I sat there and smoked the rest of my weed, and thought about it. I decided I could not make the decision with my conscious mind, and left it up to my 'inner self'. I went into a meditative state, staring up at the sun. It actually worked. The decision was made for me. I got up threw the small things I had into my back pack, and took off.

I made sure to take it slow and steady, and track my route on my phone to make sure I didn't get lost. I had to keep myself mentally and physically as calm as possible, thinking positive thoughts. To my surprise, this actually worked. I wasn't pouring sweat this time. I wasn't focused on the destination, but just the journey there. Each and every small step. It took a moderate amount of effort to keep myself in this 'little world', but it did work.

I don't know how long it took me to get home, but when I got there, I was able (barely) to forge an explanation as to why I have none of my stuff, and why I'm home so early. I then proceeded to my room, where there is plenty of bottled water, food, and weed, and stayed there all night.

Was it the right decision? YES. The more I thought about it, the more I agreed with every decision I made that day. As crazy as it sounds, I'm glad I did this. I learned many things about life, as I always do on this drug. Sure, the experience was different, perhaps more intense and death-defying than I expected, but for the first time in my life I had to face that reality. That changed me.

Some things I learned about this drug:
  • I should never come to a negative conclusion, such as 'I think I took too much'.
  • Keep control over my thoughts, and change what I think about frequently.
  • I have a need to be free on this drug. Not free in the sense of away from people. Free in the sense that, if I want to lay down, I can lay down. If I want to stand up and stretch, I can. If you want to eat, I can. My impulses change very suddenly, so just doing one thing the whole time I'm high won't work.
  • I should avoid panic. It will spiral out of control faster than I can imagine. Instead, I'll just stop everything. Literally everything I'm doing or thinking about, and try to logically assess.
  • It is safe to trust my inner self, and it's a lot easier to hear my inner self, when I'm on this drug. Alcohol is a drug where I should probably ignore my instincts and override them with logic. 25i-NBOMe is a drug where I am in clear communication with my instincts, and should trust them, after briefly 'checking' my plan, with logic.
P.S. I do believe I experienced serotonin syndrome to some extent. Why, at such a low dose? I had eaten a lot of bananas recently. Bananas contain tyramine and tryptophan. My serotonin levels were already higher than I thought. It had been exactly 14 days since I last did 25i, in a dose of 1 mg. Apparently I have to pay attention to this stuff. Not a drug to mess around with.

Exp Year: 2013ExpID: 100688
Gender: Male 
Age at time of experience: 18
Published: Oct 31, 2013Views: 5,723
[ View PDF (to print) ] [ View LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Swap Dark/Light ]
25I-NBOMe (542) : Difficult Experiences (5), Nature / Outdoors (23), Alone (16)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports copyright Erowid.
No AI Training use allowed without written permission.
TERMS OF USE: By accessing this page, you agree not to download, analyze, distill, reuse, digest, or feed into any AI-type system the report data without first contacting Erowid Center and receiving written permission.

Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the authors who submit them. Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults