Help us be a 2020 "Top Rated Nonprofit", and spread accurate info
about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
An Interesting Depressent
Inhalants (Chloroethane)
by centuri
Citation:   centuri. "An Interesting Depressent: An Experience with Inhalants (Chloroethane) (exp100866)". Erowid.org. Sep 12, 2018. erowid.org/exp/100866

inhaled Inhalants

[Erowid Note: Our understanding of the literature is that there is no such thing as safe recreational use of volatile solvents, aerosols and other street inhalants : their psychoactive effects are inseparable from nerve and organ damage. We have chosen to include these reports to help document the real world use of inhalants, but their inclusion is not intended to imply that they are anything but dangerous.]

I have experience with a large number of substances, my preference being depressents. Upon seeing this substance (Ethyl Chloride) mentioned in an old medical book (Modern Materia Medica & Therapeutics 1909) as an anaesthetic and sedative, I thought it would be worthy of experimentation an did some more reaserch on it.

I found that although its effects are very different it is commonly sold along with poppers. I purchased some I found labeled as Maximum Impact Head Cleaner. Upon receiving it, I sprayed an area about 1.5 square inches with fluid and inhaled it. I felt instant euphoria and an odd but pleasant tingle feeling in my extremities. I kept inhaling and experienced time distortion/dissociation similar to a heavy dose of ether. The effects lasted about 2-3 minutes. I have used this substance many times since with no issues. I would say the best way to discribe the effects as a combination of nitrous oxide and ether. The substance is more pleasant in taste than ether. I will add a note of caution: I never inhale more than 1 to 1.5 inches of wetted cloth, it will make me pass out.

Exp Year: 2012ExpID: 100866
Published: Sep 12, 2018Views: 586
Inhalants (29) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Unknown Context (20)