Tucked Between My Cheek and Gums
Cacao & Dreaming
by Dream Surfer
Citation:   Dream Surfer. "Tucked Between My Cheek and Gums: An Experience with Cacao & Dreaming (exp101152)". Erowid.org. Nov 30, 2017. erowid.org/exp/101152

5 seeds buccal Cacao (dried)

Cacao Dreams

I started by sucking on the bean husk tucked between my cheek and gums, as to not chew it directly. The skin hydrates and it becomes chewy and the bitter extract from the bean starts to leach out. Once all the extract leaves the bean the core becomes soft and has the texture and taste of a nut. I repeat this until I have consumed five or more. Then it is off to bed.

The Waking dreams last all night long. They are 3d, color, texture, interactive with others. People, places, cars, bikes, food, as if I am in a separate but parallel world. The entertaining part of this is the dreams are different each night, but are a continuation often of a prior dream. Much like being awake.

To add a kick to the process 70% organic chocolate is eaten often with the organic beans. no dairy.

The next day... depends on how active the dreams were. I am either fairly rested or a bit tired. There is no 'hang over' other than feeling like I did not have a full nights sleep.

Close friends have also tried this with equal success! We use mouth guards to keep from grinding teeth as we sleep. I would call it dream enhancement rather than psychedelic.

20 beans causes me not to sleep as well (could be the caffeine). Mixing with shrooms seems to cancel the effects of both.

Exp Year: 2013ExpID: 101152
Published: Nov 30, 2017Views: 2,015
Cacao (638), Dreams (85) : Combinations (3), Retrospective / Summary (11), Alone (16)