Have You Had a Belief Changing
Psychedelic Experience?
Take this Survey from our friends at Johns Hopkins
Center for Psychedelic and Consciousness Research!
Nothing Special
Heroin (Black Tar)
by Daniel S. Renegade
Citation:   Daniel S. Renegade. "Nothing Special: An Experience with Heroin (Black Tar) (exp101175)". Erowid.org. Aug 20, 2020. erowid.org/exp/101175

smoked Heroin (tar / resin)
    insufflated Heroin (tar / resin)

Im quite experienced in all manners of drugs, so I know to be cautious when trying new and potentially dangerous substances. The first time I picked up heroin, was through my friend who fell down that road. I couldnt sleep one night, so I was talking to her about it online after seeing her smoke it in a bathroom stall. We agreed upon a time to meet up the next day, where Id buy .2 for 20$. I got home, researched how to smoke it, and gave it a try.

The taste was HORRENDOUS, and the high it gave was not very noticeable compared to the sick feeling
the high it gave was not very noticeable compared to the sick feeling
. I eventually threw up, but spent the whole day feeling poisoned from what I remember. I said, F*** this stuff, never again. Until of course another friend hits me up that hes selling it now. So I pick up another 20 of it, and try smoking it again with similar results: Feeling mostly dizzy and nauseous, except this time it gave me hiccups as well. I eventually threw up, then sat on the couch and drank water until I felt better. But, I still had a decent amount left over. After looking up some experience reports and then online instruction, I learn how to go about converting the tar into a snortable powder. I break off a small piece of what I have, dissolve in water, microwave, and scrape it up. Here is what follows!

12:12pm I scraped up the dark brown powder, cut it up with the razorblade, and insufflated through right nostril
12:15pm Slight sedation is apparent, I can still feel the h in my nose. Minor nausea as well
12:20 My nose starts to get very runny, so I go to the bathroom when all of a sudden, I taste the drip hit the back of my throat, and at this point, Im DONE. That is one god awful taste, let me tell you! I blew my nose, and a good amount of brownish residue came out as well, which Im assuming is the h.

12:27 I can still feel the body high, to me its reminiscent of the purely body high I get from eating strong cannabis edibles, mixed with the lethargy I tend to feel when I first wake up in the morning. Not a whole ton of euphoria, although I am in a rather good mood.

12:38 Slight nausea in my stomach, although it could just be the fact that its morning, and I got too stoned and pigged out on unhealthy foods before I fell asleep last night. Im going to go do the dishes, Ill report back when finished on how menial tasks are affected!

12:58 Done with the dishes, it wasnt any better or worse than usual. If anything is still going on, its very mild. I think I didnt do enough, nor did I leave it in long enough before I had to blow my nose. This was just a little trial experiment with this method of ingestion.

All in all, this method of ingestion does work, although with practice Im sure I could get it to work much better. The big H and me werent meant to be, just too foul tasting in my opinion.

Exp Year: 2013ExpID: 101175
Published: Aug 20, 2020Views: 226
Heroin (27) : First Times (2), Alone (16)