Help us be a 2020 "Top Rated Nonprofit", and spread accurate info
about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Pleasant Enhanced Energy
Kratom (Bali)
by Pizzt
Citation:   Pizzt. "Pleasant Enhanced Energy: An Experience with Kratom (Bali) (exp101744)". Erowid.org. May 8, 2018. erowid.org/exp/101744

2 g oral Kratom (capsule)

I am not an avid drug user. Occasionally I do smoke cannabis and have a drink once in a while. I do drink coffee on occasion. I have never tried pharmas or opiates. I was interested in the effects of Kratom on energy sustainability. I specifically wanted to see how this affected my workouts. Here is my log:

Got up in the morning and proceeded to take the Kratom on an empty stomach.

9:15 - 3 pills Eastern Bali
9:25 - 3 pills Eastern Bali

10:00 - I feel nothing yet. Slight body tingle, nothing extraordinary.

10:40 - I started my workout. Muscle endurance is through the roof. I can work out to fail point and well beyond.

11:15 - No signs of stopping. I can continue to lift and workout without fatigue. I can go well beyond my fail point. I feel mentally alert and aware but mellow at the same time.

12:00 I have stopped working out but I can easily go another hour I feel. I am calm and relaxed. Not sedated though. I am eating my first meal of the day.

1:00 - Effects wearing off. Feel relaxed and easy. The come down is very easy and mellow, nothing like the crash I get with coffee. I've experienced zero side effects.

Conclusion: I'm pleasantly surprised with the effects at 2 grams. Great for working out or any activity where I need a sustained energy. I did not experience any heavy sedation. I felt very 'normal' after the kratom wore off. I will surely order more of this strain and will definitely be trying other strains.

Exp Year: 2011ExpID: 101744
Published: May 8, 2018Views: 573
Kratom (203) : Glowing Experiences (4), Performance Enhancement (50), Retrospective / Summary (11), Alone (16)