Euphoria and Paranoia Intertwined
Citation:   vi11a. "Euphoria and Paranoia Intertwined: An Experience with 25B-NBOMe (exp102233)". Jan 17, 2019.

  smoked Cannabis (pill / tablet)
  1 tablet oral 25B-NBOMe (blotter / tab)
Throughout the past 2 years, I've been a semi-regular user of numerous substances, to keep the list short I'll only mention the ones I've done more than 15-20 times, they include Ketamine, LSD, 4-MEC, 4-FA , shrooms, MDMA, cannabis of course, and a few other 'designer' amphetamines, so I'm not an expert by any means on this stuff. But I'd like to think I know more than a thing or two. This was the first of several times to come that I've done any of the NBOMe's. It was, however, without a doubt the most impactful on my outlook towards RC's and “tripping” in general.

The time’s I’ll be citing are only close approximations, since a very large effect 25B had on me was time distortion, which really went into effect after about 10 p.m.

8 to 9 P.M. - I had just gotten off work and was on my way to a going away party for a friend of mine. Several of the people there had let me know that they had a rather large supply of an RC they had gotten their hands on. Having done LSD and Shrooms several times before, I was entirely comfortable on trying it out. I make my way there.

9 to 10 p.m. - I get to my friend's house, buy 2 tabs of what I’ve now been told is 25B, and drop one of them after smoking a few bowls. Just about everyone there had dropped their tabs at least an hour before. We (about 8 of us) sit around a table outside listening to music, and about 45 minutes later I realize that none of us are talking about anything for more than a few seconds and laugh about it, before we change topics. I stand up and pick up a basketball and start dribbling it around when it hits me. I look around me and see that my perception of distance has been altered. The far seems FAR, and my immediate surroundings seem to be enclosed in a 20-30 foot radius. Stepping out of this radius makes me feel like I’ve entered an entirely new environment and it takes a few minutes to get accustomed to. I make my way back to the table and sit down to try and get used to this. My stomach was feeling slightly nauseous but I didn’t think much of it.

10 to 11 p.m. – As time progressed, the visuals become more and more drastic. A recurring visual was a colored “grid” or plane on whatever I looked at. As I moved around, this grid seemed to bend and warp everything it was on. I thought of it sort of like the effects of being dizzy, but without the sense of disorientation. I found it hard to make eye contact with anyone because their faces were being distorted or for lack of better words “melting.” It didn’t startle me or anything; I just didn’t find it pleasing. Nobody wanted to have a meaningful conversation, mostly because we were so engrossed in our own state of minds. The music and lighting also enhanced the experience. The visuals seemed to be in sync with the music playing, the “grid” I was seeing contoured and curved as the beat played. Sort of like an orchestra conductor’s wand manipulating the visual plane in front of me.

11 p.m. to 12 a.m. – I started to get a bit overwhelmed being around all the people I was with; their fleeting conversations, everyone getting up and walking around, and the music playing. I got up and walked towards a trampoline in the yard. I was still feeling nauseous so I didn’t bother jumping on it so I just laid down and looked up at the stars. It was laying on the trampoline when I started over-thinking.

From here on until much later, I didn’t have much of a grip on time lapse, so I won’t have time stamps. I laid on the trampoline for what seemed like an eternity, thinking the entire time that I needed to get up and get a grip of the situation. A friend of mine walked up to the trampoline and asked if I was alright, I told her I was just feeling sick but when I looked at her, her face distorted the same way it had before, but this time the distortion kind of startled me. I knew nothing was really happening to her, but I couldn’t keep looking at her. I stood up and walked back towards the table where everyone was sitting.

When I returned to the table, everyone was a lot more riled up. Some people were swimming in a pool, others had gone inside, a few were yelling over something irrelevant. I realized that I wasn’t really comfortable being there anymore and thought I should probably leave, so I told my friend who I had driven there with (who was entirely sober), if she wanted to leave. She was more than willing, since she had gotten annoyed by the absent-mindedness of everyone there. Walking to my truck, I kept thinking “I need to leave, I need to leave,” so at this point, a bit of paranoia and nervousness was setting in. We drove across town to her house; meanwhile I was getting impatient in my truck. Because of the fact that it took a few minutes to accustom myself to new surroundings, driving non-stop really jumbled up my thoughts.

We got to her house and threw in a movie, before it started, I distinctly remember telling her that if anything went wrong, to just reassure me that everything would be fine. The movie started and I tried to concentrate on it for about 15 minutes, or what seemed liked 15 minutes. I eventually told her to turn it off because it was “too much” and to just play some music. It was sitting in the room listening to music when the thought-loops started.

I tried to gather my thoughts by going through everything I had done that day, but the more I tried, the more I realized that it was impossible. I’d focus on a few-hour period of the day, and then I wouldn’t be able to link it to the next “time period” of the day. For example, I could only think of being at school, and when I tried to remember what I did after school, I’d think “damn, I can’t remember what I did after, let me start this over.” So I’d think about what I did at school again. This went on for about an hour, when my friend realized that something was wrong because I had started to think out loud. She asked me what the hell I was talking about, but it was impossible to explain. Because as soon as I would summarize what was going on in my thoughts, I would forget why I was trying to summarize it in the first place. So I’d start to reply, but then I’d start over. I’d get out of these thought loops and think to myself “Something is REALLY wrong” but the more I tried to collect myself, the more I’d confuse myself with what I was trying to do, which in this case was get my shit together. Throughout these past 2 hours, I had been rather successful at keeping my cool. For a fleeting moment however, which in retrospect felt like the longest time ever, it crossed my mind that perhaps I was never going to come down and that I had really fucked up finally. This one though threw my entire mindset upside down. I was no longer trying to keep my cool; I started slightly panicking and I was focused entirely preventing a full-blown panic attack.

[Erowid Note: Driving while intoxicated, tripping, or extremely sleep deprived is dangerous and irresponsible because it endangers other people. Don't do it!]
Throughout the past hour or so, I hadn’t really been having that many visual hallucinations. The trip consisted of nothing but mental instability and time and thought distortion. That being said, I said to my friend, who at this point was half asleep that it was time for me to go home. As I walked outside to my truck, I didn’t seem to have a problem with depth perception or hand eye coordination, so I thought I’d be fine to drive home. I lived out of town so it was a 5-10 minute drive to my house, I figured I’d take my chances and hope that I was done tripping and drive seamlessly.

Fortunately enough, I made it home safely and made my way to my room. On the drive, I realized that I was still having minor visual hallucinations. Color vibrancy and small traces of the “grid” I was seeing earlier were still present in my peripheral vision. I was still incapable of cognitive thinking and being able to coherently sum up what my thoughts were. However, knowing I was home helped settle any remaining paranoia.

3 a.m. (I only know this for sure was because of text message time stamps) - I wasn’t tired, so I couldn’t really fall asleep. However, I laid in bed and put on some music and thought I’d be able to sleep the rest of the trip off. I was far from being right. I picked up my phone about 10 minutes after having my eyes closed and trying to fall asleep, and I was immersed entirely in a new perception of vision. Now, the grid was gone, but static colors were melting and fusing into one another. This was epitomized by my phone background, which was a NASA picture of a spiral galaxy. The galaxy in the picture was spinning relentlessly, almost making me dizzy. I stood up to turn the light on, and I realized that my room seemed a LOT smaller and not proportionally correct, and as the light flicked on, this was made entirely clear. I looked at myself in the mirror and there was absolutely nothing recognizable about me. My limbs were stretching out, as was my neck.

I want to make this extremely clear, this second “wave” of visual hallucinations was entirely and absolutely enjoyable. Not to sound cliché, but at this point I was “tripping balls” in every sense of the phrase. What stood out to me the most was the auditory effects the 25b was having on me now, as cars passed by my house, the sound of their tires on the wet pavement lingered, long after the cars had passed. Visually, the effects were just as intriguing. Every time I closed and opened my eyes, I perceived my room entirely different. When my eyes focused on something close to me, and I closed them, looked up, and opened them, anything that was at a far distance, seemed to be right in front of my face. To try to explain it, it was almost as if instead of my eyes readjusting/refocusing to my surroundings. They perceived anything in my new line of sight the same as what I was just looking at. Also, closed-eyed hallucinations were present this whole time.

This last part of the trip lasted until about 5-6:30 in the morning, which by then I had managed to get myself to sleep. All in all, I’d say that apart from the 2-3 hour period where I was mortally terrified, my experience was rather enjoyable. That may seem redundant, but I understand that along with the reward of the trip, come the risk of “losing it” for however long. I didn’t do any RC’s for a couple months after, not because I was afraid of going through what happened again, but because I just wanted to get the experience out of my memory enough to not have it impact me the next time I tripped. This experience reminded me that with 25B or any hallucinogen for that matter that environment is everything.

Exp Year: 2013ExpID: 102233
Gender: Male 
Age at time of experience: 17
Published: Jan 17, 2019Views: 2,171
[ View PDF (to print) ] [ View LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Swap Dark/Light ]
25B-NBOMe (564) : General (1), Difficult Experiences (5), Bad Trips (6), Music Discussion (22), Various (28)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports copyright Erowid.
No AI Training use allowed without written permission.
TERMS OF USE: By accessing this page, you agree not to download, analyze, distill, reuse, digest, or feed into any AI-type system the report data without first contacting Erowid Center and receiving written permission.

Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the authors who submit them. Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults