Erowid's Support-a-thon end Saturday!
Help accurate drug info, drug checking, & archiving
with a small donation. $20+ donations DOUBLED!
Had an Interesting Time but Was It Worth It
H.B. Woodrose & Pharmaceuticals
Citation:   anonymous. "Had an Interesting Time but Was It Worth It: An Experience with H.B. Woodrose & Pharmaceuticals (exp102380)". May 15, 2019.

6 seeds oral H.B. Woodrose  
      Pharmaceuticals (daily)
I took Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds for the first time on January 21, 2014. I was with my boyfriend at his house at the time; he was sick with the flu and asleep for most of my trip. I should note that I have bipolar disorder and at the time of my experience I was taking two anti-depressants, one low dose anti-psychotic and one mood stabilizer for my condition.
I was taking two anti-depressants, one low dose anti-psychotic and one mood stabilizer for my condition.

The recommendation was four to eight seeds; I took six. Because I had been warned about nausea, half an hour before I took the seeds I took a prescription anti-nausea drug called Zofran. I used a razor blade to shave the fuzzy coating off the seeds, as was recommended; it wasn't too hard though it did take awhile, about 20 or 25 minutes altogether. The seeds looked like chocolate chips and didn't have much of a taste, kind of cardboardy. They were hard to chew. I washed the last bits down with a can of pop.

I took notes throughout the experience, beginning with:

3:31 p.m. Just ate some Hawaiian baby woodrose seeds. They did not taste too bad -- in fact they had almost no taste at all. Now I wait.
3:44 p.m. No effects yet. Okay, mouth does feel a bit numb, but that's it. No nausea, thank goodness.
4:03 p.m. Okay, I think something is starting to happen now.
4:07 p.m. The computer screen is inexplicably fascinating to me. My legs feel weird. Some mild nausea.

A few minutes later I checked my eyes; the pupils were huge.

4:35 p.m. So far a disappointment. I don't feel good, I just feel weird. But we'll see what happens; I've got seven hours to go. My nose is running. I don't know if it's the seeds, or if I'm catching [my boyfriend's] flu. Chances are the latter.

My nose was running like a faucet and I took two NyQuil gel tablets to make it stop. It did, and the next day it wasn't running so I think the congestion might have been a symptom of the drug.
I think the congestion might have been a symptom of the drug.

4:38 p.m. 2CE provided a much better trip. Which is probably why it's as illegal as **** now (although it wasn't when I bought it).
5:01 p.m. Okay, so far this hasn't been pleasant at all. The hit I'm getting isn't worth the nausea (which has got pretty bad now in spite of meds).
5:12 p.m. Okay, just got sick, ironically while trying to take another anti-nausea tablet.
5:20 p.m. Feel much better since I ralphed. Unexpected effects: valium-like forgetfulness and loss of fine motor skills.

As far as loss of fine motor skills—and some of the gross ones: I was swaying around like a drunk, occasionally bumping into the wall. I was also making a lot of typos when I took my notes, and writing down words in the wrong order, which is something that happens when I'm under the influence of valium.

The forgetfulness was more like an uncertainty. I could remember things, but it felt as if they had happened to someone else, a long time ago, and I wasn't sure my memories were real. I wasn't even 100% sure I'd vomited in the toilet that evening, though I remembered doing so.

5:36 p.m. Okay, I am DEFINITELY feeling the drug's affects now. This has gotten...interesting. Strange perceptions.
6:41 p.m. Now THIS is more like it. I am enjoying myself. This made the nausea worth it. Should have induced vomiting sooner anyway.

My perceptions were nothing like I've experienced on any other drug I've tried. Everything felt like it was two seconds behind. That is, I would do something, like walk around or sit down, and it felt like I wasn't aware I was doing it until two seconds later.

I called a good friend and spent about 45 minutes talking to him. We actually had a very deep conversation. It felt like my inhibitions were lowered and I think I said some things I wouldn't have said if I had not been stoned. I was deeply relaxed and felt kind of dissociated from myself. After speaking to my friend I mostly wandered around the house and surfed the internet while keeping an eye on my sick boyfriend.

I started to come down at around six hours in.
I started to come down at around six hours in.
Within half an hour to forty-five minutes I felt almost normal. I was very tired—whether from the NyQuil or the seeds I don't know—and decided to go to bed. I slept long and deep, waking at 9:00 a.m. feeling normal again.

VERDICT: It was okay. This was a quite pleasant experience, but I could really have done without the nausea in the first hour. It might have improved matters if I'd let myself vomit sooner, as the nausea all but disappeared afterwards. The high was very calm and soothing and, I think, made the nausea worth it, but only just. I might try Hawaiian Baby Woodrose again, but this certainly wasn't the best drug experience I've ever had.

Exp Year: 2014ExpID: 102380
Gender: Female 
Age at time of experience: 28
Published: May 15, 2019Views: 694
[ View PDF (to print) ] [ View LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Swap Dark/Light ]
H.B. Woodrose (26) : Combinations (3), Depression (15), First Times (2), Small Group (2-9) (17)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports copyright Erowid.
TERMS OF USE: By accessing this page, you agree not to download or analyze the report data without first contacting Erowid Center and receiving written permission.

Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the authors who submit them. Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults