Get the Erowid "Words" T-shirt
Contribute $50 and show support for accurate drug information!
Two Days of Horrific Short Term Memory Loss
Escitalopram
by Butterfly
Citation:   Butterfly. "Two Days of Horrific Short Term Memory Loss: An Experience with Escitalopram (exp102432)". Erowid.org. Apr 5, 2018. erowid.org/exp/102432

oral Pharms - Escitalopram

My doctor prescribed Lexapro (at a normal starting dose) for my anxiety and I took it for two days. It made my mind blank and my short term memory was shot. I remember driving along in the car and getting increasingly frustrated because thoughts would flit through my head and disappear and I would have no recollection of what they were even when I tried really hard to remember.

This is an excerpt of the experience as I wrote it the day after I quit:

'I went to sleep last night and then woke up at 2:30am and my mind was completely and utterly blank and it took about 45 minutes before I had this dawning realization that I had FORGOTTEN HOW TO FALL ASLEEP. I am not kidding. I could get up and move and do things that required little thought or planning, but I couldn't focus on a particular thought for more than 5 seconds. I'd try to catch hold of an idea or a thought and it would disappear before it came to fruition. All the while, it didn't really bother me because I couldn't think about how bothersome it was.'

As soon as I stopped I was back to normal.

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 102432
Published: Apr 5, 2018Views: 1,053
Pharms - Escitalopram (304) : Health Problems (27), Medical Use (47), Various (28)