individuals who have used a psychedelic while in a
romantic relationship, for an anonymous survey.
Both individuals & couples are invited to participate.
An Alcoholic's Alternative
Gabapentin
by recov-boozer
Citation:   recov-boozer. "An Alcoholic's Alternative: An Experience with Gabapentin (exp102458)". Erowid.org. May 7, 2018. erowid.org/exp/102458

1200 mg oral Pharms - Gabapentin

I've been in treatment for alcoholism several times. They give us gabapentin for seizures, anxiety, and pain. After reading that it is a coveted med in prisons, used for getting high...hoarded and sold, etc. I decided to take a bigger dose. Took four 300 mgs and finally felt relief of my anger and edginess for the first time in a year after treatment. A switch of high dose one day low dose the next works for me. I get very energetic and focused... much like I used to on pain meds. I hope I'm not trading one bad thing for another, but so far it beats the alternative. Been about 1200mgs in the afternoon for 3 mos. More on weekends.

It does make me impulsive and kind of forget stuff I did the night before. Had some questionable online purchases. But I can't drink or drug, so this is all I got.

Exp Year: 2014ExpID: 102458
Published: May 7, 2018Views: 1,101
Pharms - Gabapentin (183) : Therapeutic Intent or Outcome (49), Retrospective / Summary (11), Unknown Context (20)