Erowid relies on the generosity of the public for funding.
Please, include Erowid Center in your charitable giving!
Iranian Dokha
Tobacco
by Mr. Stitches
Citation:   Mr. Stitches. "Iranian Dokha: An Experience with Tobacco (exp102939)". Erowid.org. Jun 19, 2020. erowid.org/exp/102939

0.25 g smoked Tobacco

I’ve long been a seeker of psychoactive experiences. I think that synthetic narcotics are absolutely atrocious, however I am indeed a proponent of natural hallucinogens and psychoactives.

I smoke dokha using a Native American calumet, more commonly called a peace pipe. The small bowl and tiny draw hole allow for the perfect dose. Each morning, after a solid night’s sleep, the nicotine levels in my blood are uncomfortably low. So I load up the peace-pipe up with dokha and take three hits before the bowl is ashes.

I draw each hit deeply into the lungs and hold for a couple seconds. This produces an instant, aggressive “buzz”. It’s a more intense buzz than my very first cigarette. It causes slight vision distortion, intense dizziness and a heavy feeling in the arms and legs. It feels amazing, and I just want to lay in bed and enjoy the sensation.

The downside is that the effects are brief, and this intense rush lasts for only a couple minutes. Dokha is perfectly LEGAL because it contains just tobacco, and so can be purchased at Arab smoke shops or over the internet. It is however quite expensive because most of it is imported from the United Arab Emirates, Dubai and Saudi Arabia.

An intense nicotine buzz. I make sure I am sitting down and not operating machinery when I light it up!

Exp Year: 2014ExpID: 102939
Published: Jun 19, 2020Views: 809
Tobacco (47) : Unknown Context (20), Glowing Experiences (4), Preparation / Recipes (30), Retrospective / Summary (11)