From Amazing to Anxiety-Stricken
Unknown NBOMe
by Tripty
Citation:   Tripty. "From Amazing to Anxiety-Stricken: An Experience with Unknown NBOMe (exp102988)". Erowid.org. Nov 6, 2016. erowid.org/exp/102988

3 hits buccal NBOMe Series (blotter / tab)
    repeated smoked Cannabis

Background info I have tripped on mushrooms approximately 8 to 10 times, multiple times including Syrian rue to increase visuals, and have only had one bad trip. I smoke quite a bit of cannabis, but I am prone to have mild anxiety when on drugs. This is also not the first time I have used this drug. My first time, my friend, A, and I took only two blotters and decided although the trip was good, it could be better. This is my experience.

9:00pm - I was at my friend, As house with his dad and two of my other friends. A and I placed three blotter tabs on our gums.

10:00pm a massive rush of stimulant-like effects had taken over my body, straight down my spine, as well as a slight alteration of vision. We were all having a good time smoking and telling amazing stories about our lives. Good vibes were surrounding us both.

10:30pm I noticed heavy visuals, much stronger than shrooms, starting to kick in. I laid down on his floor staring at the ceiling in absolute awe at how amazing the trip began. Amazingly detailed patterns were flying through my field of view, rapidly changing with my thought processes. It was complete bliss for about 45 minutes, but it soon turned around.

11:30pm A wanted to smoke some more cannabis in order to relieve the massive amount of stimulation that this trip contained. I agreed, so A, his dad, and myself all went into another room to smoke. The moment my first toke hit me, my trip increased 3-fold. My visuals staid the same, but the body high changed completely and added massive anxiety to my mind. I told him I had to go outside to get some fresh air, and so I did. My mind was going 1000 miles a minute but the fresh air did calm me down quite a bit. I asked A what he thought about the trip and he agreed that it was a great visual trip, but the stimulation was almost too much to handle.

12:30am Eventually my other friends went home and it was just me and A. A owns a punching bag and has it hung in the middle of his dojo. He is a great martial artist and began to teach me some fighting techniques so as to get my mind focused on something instead of the trip. At this point, the visuals made my whole world as if I were wearing the red and blue 3D glasses, yet everything was 2D as if in a cartoon. I began to punch very intensely on the punching bag in order to relieve some of the anxiety and stimulation. I quickly stopped and stared at A. (Although he was not moving in real life) He began to fold like a piece of paper. It scared the hell out of me so I punched the bag for another hour or so.

2:00am The stimulation had not worn off at all, but the anxiety had almost disappeared.
I was not hungry and I had taken in enough water to last me another 3 or 4 hours. As I became more acclimated with the style of the trip, A pulls out a book about the furthest reaches of our universe containing pictures from Hubble Space Telescope. It absolutely blew my mind. For about 25 minutes I did not even realize that I was so stimulated anymore because the detail of the pictures made me forget about everything. But the second I refocused on the trip, the stimulation was overwhelming once again.

3:30am Visuals have begun to plateau, if not actually decrease slightly. I determined soon enough that although A was able to smoke some more weed and soon go to bed, I was way too stimulated to sleep at all.

4:00am I visited the punching bag once again and ended up losing myself in it until I realized the sun was rising around 6:30am. I did not want to wake anyone up but I could not get comfortable. When realizing how long I had been on the punching bag, I sat down in a lazyboy and tried to calm down. The visuals had subsided completely, but the stimulation persisted until around 10am (which scared the hell out of me honestly).

Overall, the beginning of the trip was absolutely epic, with amazing visuals much different than shrooms, and stimulation that was not too bad. Soon the overwhelming stimulation caused anxiety and killed the vibe I had going. I did not spend any time reflecting on myself much like I would have on shrooms, nor did I have the voice in my head. The trip was very visual and very much a body high, but I did not like the body high so much. I had an amazing trip with only 2 blotters, but I would not recommend 3.

Exp Year: 2013ExpID: 102988
Published: Nov 6, 2016Views: 992
NBOMe Series (539) : Small Group (2-9) (17), Overdose (29), Difficult Experiences (5)