Erowid Relies on Donations From Visitors Like You
Antidepressants Gave Me Erectile Dysfunction
Fluoxetine (Prozac)
by C
Citation:   C. "Antidepressants Gave Me Erectile Dysfunction: An Experience with Fluoxetine (Prozac) (exp103015)". Erowid.org. Apr 1, 2014. erowid.org/exp/103015

20 mg oral Pharms - Fluoxetine (daily)

My parents got divorced when I was about 13. My mom wanted it, my dad and I didn't. Naturally, it shook me up a bit; and things definitely didn't help with puberty coming on and all, so whenever I was with my mom I was short tempered and irritable. I wasn't really sad, just angry I guess.

Well my mom insisted I see a therapist, and after a couple sessions I was prescribed prozac. It seemed to help; I didn't notice an increase in happiness, but I was less irritable.

After a couple years I basically quit (almost) cold turkey, and soon after noticed that my libido was sort of out of whack. I still thoroughly enjoy the company of women, but I can't get 'it' up too easy, and now I find myself confused about my sexuality and might even say that because of it, im more depressed than when I started. Anyways I did some research and apparently prozac tends to have that effect.

In conclusion: Prozac gave me moderate ED and it sucks.

0/10 would not reccomend; take a different Antidepressant

Exp Year: 2010ExpID: 103015
Published: Apr 1, 2014Views: 3,473
Pharms - Fluoxetine (80) : Health Problems (27), Sex Discussion (14), Not Applicable (38)