Extremely Scary Episodes
Methoxetamine
by Bitrat
Citation:   Bitrat. "Extremely Scary Episodes: An Experience with Methoxetamine (exp103470)". Erowid.org. Apr 5, 2016. erowid.org/exp/103470

repeated   Methoxetamine

As one who worked as a medicinal chemist, there aren't too many compounds I haven't tried, and exploring the newer RC's seems very interesting. MXE seemed to be quite promising, despite the fact that i had a couple near toxic psychoses as a youngster in the early 1970s with PCP, and later some interesting encounters with ketamine, which at the time you could buy OTC in Central America.

The structure of MXE would appear to be the perfect blend of dissociative and possible endorphin receptor agonism. And indeed, cautious initial effects were quite pleasant. The problems came when I started taking more in reaction to my life situation stresses - it became a secret world where I could lick my wounds in private and relax.

Once in awhile I was acting pretty wacky, and having trouble with calculations or tasks involving work tasks....People could see I was wasted, but on what?

Then I got into the 'night op' stage, where I would dose at night and wander our rural neighborhood sans flashlight, hiking around the mountain by moonlight. This was really awesome - I ran into a lot of wildlife and walked like crazy (losing about 20 lbs over a few months).

But then, for some reason I decided to ditch the place I was living, just said 'OK, Good Bye', and drove off. Over the next few months I had some extremely bizarre adventures - let me tell you I'm lucky I lived through it!

Bottom line: I was acting like a total a-hole to friends and strangers alike, just totally out of my head all the time.....Finally had to go home in disgrace, having basically ruined our business, leaving the friends n family terribly vulnerable. It's amazing they'd have me back......It's amazing I didn't end up in jail.....
In any case, had to withdraw AND try to rebuild my life....not so sure I can, but am working on it. Bottom line? If I had more MXE I'd do it again, but with extreme caution......towards the end I learned that oral dosing had some milder, possibly easier to avoid accidental 'm-hole' reactions with all their unpredictibility....

[Reported Dose: 'variable from 20-75 mg']

Exp Year: 2013ExpID: 103470
Published: Apr 5, 2016Views: 2,205
Methoxetamine (527) : Various (28), Addiction & Habituation (10)