No Shaky Nervousness
Coca (leaf)
by clarky
Citation:   clarky. "No Shaky Nervousness: An Experience with Coca (leaf) (exp104754)". Erowid.org. Mar 29, 2018. erowid.org/exp/104754

buccal Coca (leaves)

When in the Andes I had quite a bit of experience with this. I use good coca leaves. Good meaning, fresh and not damaged or off color. And baking soda (my choice) or leijia which is a charred sweet potato root. This releases the coca alkaloids. Without this, there is no effect.

Once I bite or clip off the stems from the leaves, I place in mouth. Letting them get wet, I do not chew like salad. Then place some baking soda in a leaf and fold it, or on the top of my finger and apply to the moist pile. The baking soda makes me salivate, I spit once or twice, but after that I swallow the juice.

It soothes the stomach and helps in digestion. My mouth goes numb, I get a very smooth increase in energy, I can breathe better (great for elevation) and it sobers me up a little. This is not a nervous buzz, but slight euphoria and lots of clean and powerful energy. No shaky nervousness. Alert, happy and energetic. They are not legal in the USA but when in Rome...

[Reported Dose: "hand full..6-7 grams"]

Exp Year: 2014ExpID: 104754
Published: Mar 29, 2018Views: 1,046
Coca (158) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Preparation / Recipes (30), Not Applicable (38)