Against the drug war but not sure what to do about it?
Join Erowid and help spread accurate, independent information.
The Same Substance in a Different Medium
Etizolam
by BenzoAdvocate
Citation:   BenzoAdvocate. "The Same Substance in a Different Medium: An Experience with Etizolam (exp105170)". Erowid.org. Mar 8, 2019. erowid.org/exp/105170

oral Etizolam (powder / crystals)

[Erowid Note: Two samples of powder (even of the same chemical) with equivalent volumes won't necessarily weigh the same. For this reason, eyeballing is an inaccurate and potentially dangerous method of measuring, particularly for substances that are active in very small amounts. See this article on The Importance of Measured Doses.]

Well I received my order of 500MG PURE etizolam powder in the mail about three days ago. Having had serious problems with panic disorder and reluctant psychiatrists in the past, I had decided to give this a go around 2 years ago (was only available in 1mg pellets at the time.) These pills me or anyone else who I'd shared with needed to consume at least 4-6 of them at a time for any significant anxiolytic/hypnotic effect. But enough about the questionable 'pellets' lets get down to my experience with pure etizolam:

:0000 Orally ingested what is ASSUMED to be 8-10mg, which is not too high for me as I have a very high tolerance to sedatives in general.

:0020 Notice a very significant relaxation in muscles, digestive system, and mental state. Euphoria is not the word I would use, more like functional without the need of ETOh to occupy my GABA-A receptors.

:0045 Everything seems normal, as if I am once again myself. I feel it important to state that I'm a chronic alcoholic, and this medication completely takes away my alcoholic tremors,and muscle cramps as well as the essential tremors I was born with. My normal anxieties of everyday activities were completely non-existant on etizolam.

:0100 Feeling completely at ease, as if I can conquer whatever may come without the aid of alcohol. Actually very ready to take a nap, but decide to take a walk with my brother instead.

:0300 Effects are still going strong, no free floating anxiety, no tremors or depression. And no urge for alcohol. This is in my opinion a very functional and useful medication.

:0600 Effects start to subside, but still am viewing that familiar vision which benzos produce that seem to make everything look more like a pastel-art painting.

:0830 I go to bed, and slept like a log, acutely vivid dreams accompanied this experience which leads me to believe the thieno- substituted variants versus run-of-the-mill 1,4 benzodiazepines actually do have a lesser impact on REM sleep.

Conclusion: This is in my opinion an excellent pharmaceutical for me as I suffer from anxiety and co-morbid depression. I have been blown away at how helpful it's been at curbing my cravings and withdrawals versus clonazepam. I plan to taper off slowly as I have a steady supply and I have a tolernace.

Exp Year: 2014ExpID: 105170
Published: Mar 8, 2019Views: 3,888
Etizolam (568) : Various (28), Therapeutic Intent or Outcome (49), General (1)