Review Erowid at GreatNonprofits.org!
Help us be a "Top Rated Nonprofit" for the 10th year in a row
and spread info about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
A Mixed Affair
Codeine
by TonyBall
Citation:   TonyBall. "A Mixed Affair: An Experience with Codeine (exp10539)". Erowid.org. Apr 1, 2008. erowid.org/exp/10539

180 mg oral Codeine (pill / tablet)

I had Codeine only pills 30mg and decided to try 180mg. I'd read about the enjoyment people get from this and decided to use up the last of my pills. After around 25 mins I felt it come on strong. This, regrettably, is the best part. The come on hits and I begin to smile, euphoria could come at any moment, but it never does.

After this first 10mins I found my scalp to be intensely itchy. I started scratching and did so for around 20mins. I recall thinking how this entirely ruined the experience. Indeed those 20 mins were unpleasant. After the itching became less intense and I began to relax again, while watching tv. This soon became boring, and I decided to listen to music. This was a thoroughly enjoyable experience, producing a pleasurable high.

After 2 hours of this I felt tired and decided on bed. In bed the bedsheets against my skin felt wonderful I also felt very happy about the prospect of sleep and had no difficulty in falling asleep. One thing I noticed about the experience is the lack of sedation through most of it and this can be unpleasant. Indeed excitability can occur. I will probably steer clear of large codeine doses in future.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 10539
Published: Apr 1, 2008Views: 6,974
Codeine (14) : Music Discussion (22), General (1), Alone (16)