A Little but a Lot
4-AcO-DMT & Syrian Rue
by Psyche
Citation:   Psyche. "A Little but a Lot: An Experience with 4-AcO-DMT & Syrian Rue (exp106420)". Erowid.org. Jan 16, 2018. erowid.org/exp/106420

200 mg oral Syrian Rue (extract)
  T+ 0:25 5 mg oral 4-AcO-DMT (capsule)

Dose:
- 1 Capsule ( ~5mg ) 4-AcO-DMT -Administered 25 minutes after MAOi
- 1 Capsule ( ~200mg ) Harmala Extract (Syrian Rue)

I would like to start that this experience is entirely undocumented as far as I have researched. There's nothing I can find about mixing a Psilocin analog with an MAOi, so this was potentially dangerous territory. However, a rewarding experience none the less.

Initially, there wasn't much visual activity and I felt the sedation effects of the MAOi more so than any real 'trippy' feeling supposed to be brought on by the 4-AcO-DMT.

-2:45 Visual activity became apparent but was extremely subtle. Felt a minor/mild perception change.

-4:00 Later into the night after coming home I found it near impossible to rest. I was tired, but could not rest my mind. I turned out the lights and laid down. This is when the real visual activity began.

I started seeing very complex geometric shapes and circles with fractal esque gears shifting within themself plastered on the walls of my room. Maybe the pitch blackness brought out the visuals more so than being in the social situation hours prior, but as I digress, I felt myself wishing I had taken more than just 5mg of 4-AcO-DMT at this point. I would like to note that at this point in time I also had experienced a profound introspective aspect to the trip.

The experience itself felt extremely similar to Ayahuasca in nature but not fully. Considering how close 4-AcO-DMT is to 4-HO-DMT, it does not surprise me in the least that a MAOi would enhance the experience to levels of an Ayahuasca journey.

I have experienced large doses of 4-AcO-DMT ( ~80mg ) and have had visuals that were profound by themselves, but never brought on the intense detail and mandala esque visuals as this extremely low dose with an MAOi has.

I would like to conclude this with the fact that with all intents and purposes, I will be doing this again in the near future. I hope to titrate more thoroughly first and to experience every level of this that I can.

What still baffles me is the length of time it took for any real visual activity to occur.

Exp Year: 2014ExpID: 106420
Published: Jan 16, 2018Views: 962
4-AcO-DMT (387), Syrian Rue (45) : Combinations (3), Various (28)