A Helping Hand During Benzo Withdrawal
Valerian & Alprazolam
by flyaway
Citation:   flyaway. "A Helping Hand During Benzo Withdrawal: An Experience with Valerian & Alprazolam (exp106586)". Erowid.org. Dec 25, 2017. erowid.org/exp/106586

2.5 mg oral Pharms - Alprazolam (daily)
  840 mg oral Valerian (capsule)

Benzo withdrawal ain't no joke... I'm working really hard on my taper, currently I'm on 2,5 mgs of alprazolam, but in the last year I was eating Xanax like candy, around 12-14 0,5 mg pills a day. Now I'm doing my taper, and I still feel very uncomfortable. Pressure in my head, confusion, extra hard anxiety, etc.

I decided to get something to make myself feel a little better. (Apart from good old Mary Jane of course ;)). I bought some Valerian Root pills, but I didn't belive it would do much. I popped seven 120 mg pills, and waited. After half an hour I felt like my anxiety is getting more tolerable, and my mood got a little bit better. I was a lil bit sleepy but I had things to do so I went out, the fresh air took away my sleepiness.

It didn't take away all the pain the withdrawal causes, but it makes it a lil' bit easier.

Exp Year: 2014ExpID: 106586
Published: Dec 25, 2017Views: 1,824
Valerian (48), Pharms - Alprazolam (98) : Therapeutic Intent or Outcome (49), Addiction & Habituation (10), Not Applicable (38)