Respectful of This Mighty Seed
H.B. Woodrose
Citation:   TheMentor. "Respectful of This Mighty Seed: An Experience with H.B. Woodrose (exp106941)". Jun 3, 2020.

T+ 0:00
6 seeds oral H.B. Woodrose
  T+ 0:30 7 seeds buccal H.B. Woodrose
About a week ago I decided to order some HBRW seeds after having read about them pretty extensively in the past, I've never done psychedelics before but am a very experienced user of most others (opiates, amphetamines, benzodiazepines.. Pretty much every major). This didn't prepare me for what I was about to experience.

I'd read the most effective way to prepare was to extract the main component to prevent the illness that came along with it, but due to not wanting to wait the recommended time it took, decided against it. Bad idea!

With a heavy desire to 'expand my mind' like so many other great men have before me (I always think of Steve Jobs and his respect toward this) I received an order of 100. This was on a Thursday night. The plan was to wait until Friday/Saturday when I could be alone and not have many responsibilities the next day, but I got done early that night so decided it may be better to do it while someone was here, just in case.

Around 8:45 PM I put 6 in my mouth, having read 8 was around a full dose and wanting to start out conservatively. I chewed them up and sucked on them for about 60 seconds. After about 30 minutes and nothing happening I checked around a little more and remembered it was recommended to leave them in about 30 minutes. So I put 7 more in my mouth for about 30 minutes.

This was right around 9:35 or so...

T: + 1 Hour
Around 10:30 I started feeling a little noxious but couldn't throw up. Colors started to become more 'alive' during this. (This is only visuals I had) as I watched House, M.D. white shirts almost glowed. Other colors popped out much more.

T: + 2.5 Hours

Around 12:00 AM I start feeling heaviness in my chest, sorta hard to breath. Out of nowhere I got a severe pain in my neck and a mild headache. (NEVER get headaches.. Definitely not coincidental) I finally start vomiting. This took a long time from the majority of reports I read, it usually starts in the first hour and the entire trip should only last about 4-8 hours. I was worried because it'd taken so long. During this process I developed pretty severe anxiety. None of the effects I'd experienced was I prepared for, so when I started having trouble breathing I was obviously concerned
when I started having trouble breathing I was obviously concerned
. Maybe I'd taken too much. Maybe the trace amounts of cyanide (supposedly) contained in the shells I was sensitive to...

As I sat in front of the toilet for the next hour and a half or so, I continue to feel heavy cheated, tired, vomiting continuously. At this point I want to just stop vomiting so I can go to bed. Bad experience so far and I figured, if I did start tripping, it was going to set it up horribly.

T: 4 Hours

Around 1:30 AM I finally stop vomiting. Lost the desire completely almost instantaneously. I look in the mirror and my pupils are dilated. I go lay down and things become blurry. My AC has the temperature in green. Over the next few minutes it becomes blurry. I turned the TV off previously in an attempt to fall asleep. I have a desire to turn it back on to see if any visuals happen. The effects prevent me from getting up at all for the next 2 hours.

As I lay in bed, I closed my eyes and my mind is racing. Very vividly, my thoughts are racing from one subject to another. At first, it felt like I was flying. My trip offered no visuals but the feelings were so intense. I remember games I've played, seeming like I was my character in them, movies I've watched. Thoughts about my family. My business, things I want to accomplish. It seemed so real, like I'd already done everything. I could visualize myself having achieved success in this, having done that.

Around 2:30-3:00 AM I was still under the effects. I made myself get on Facebook to update a friend on the status, vaguely. When I did it seemed to break the trance I was in. I finally turned back on TV and watched House, M.D. like normal. The voices were weird. Sounded alien. Almost not understandable. When I looked away from the screen to focus on something else (phone) the voices sped up.

I finally passed out.

After-effects & conclusion:

The next day I still had a mild neck pain. (Weird?) But a totally renewed outlook on some of the things I took for granted. I was much more patient with people, nicer, a better outlook on life.

During my anxiety I declared I'd never do this again. Now, as long as proper precautions are taken (CWE!) I think it could be a very pleasant experience. The illness that came along with it definitely could have set me up for a horrible experience / trip.

Exp Year: 2015ExpID: 106941
Gender: Male 
Age at time of experience: 28
Published: Jun 3, 2020Views: 701
[ View PDF (to print) ] [ View LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Swap Dark/Light ]
H.B. Woodrose (26) : First Times (2), Difficult Experiences (5), General (1), Alone (16)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports copyright Erowid.
TERMS OF USE: By accessing this page, you agree not to download, analyze, distill, reuse, digest, or feed into any AI-type system the report data without first contacting Erowid Center and receiving written permission.

Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the authors who submit them. Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults