Follow @Erowid on Instagram!
Funny but Scary
Etizolam
by whatdidijusttake
Citation:   whatdidijusttake. "Funny but Scary: An Experience with Etizolam (exp107775)". Erowid.org. Feb 9, 2016. erowid.org/exp/107775

3 mg   Etizolam

While experiencing a shortage of Xanax, a friend offered me 3mg of Etizolam that was 'almost exactly like Xanax.' In less than 5 minutes, I started feeling effects.

Over the next 3 hours, I experienced severe short-term amnesia and temporarily lost the ability to walk, read, and hold a conversation. This would have been extremely frightening but the Etizolam being an anxiolytic did not allow me to be frightened, so the whole experience was actually quite funny.

Unfortunately, the lasting affects were not so funny. For about a month, I felt much slower and dumber mentally. Three months later and I am totally fine, but I will never try Etizolam again.

Exp Year: 2015ExpID: 107775
Published: Feb 9, 2016Views: 9,992
Etizolam (568) : First Times (2), Difficult Experiences (5), Unknown Context (20)