Donate BTC or other Cryptocurrency
Your donation supports practical, accurate info about psychoactive
plants & drugs. We accept 9 cryptocurrencies. Contribute a bit today!
A Natural Addition
Aripiprazole, Paroxetine & Mushrooms
by Psychotropic Pinata
Citation:   Psychotropic Pinata. "A Natural Addition: An Experience with Aripiprazole, Paroxetine & Mushrooms (exp107804)". Erowid.org. Jan 29, 2020. erowid.org/exp/107804

5 mg oral Pharms - Aripiprazole (daily)
  20 mg oral Pharms - Paroxetine (daily)

I am a 35 year old bipolar woman. I am medicated and stable, although lean to the depressive side no matter what mix on meds I'm on. I was excited to try mushrooms after not having done them in six years of rigorous mental health treatment.
By treatment, I mean hospitals, psychiatrists, therapists, exercise programs, the works. I have I am far more sad about this than proud) been on just about every psychiatric drug. I spent my 20ís in and out of treatment facilities. Iíve always been a good patient, and taken whatever they thought was best. I really believed in big pharma. I love science, research, and I always believed there would be some magic pill that cured me. Nope. Nothing close.

I take the mentioned dose of abilify once a day, at the same time as the paxil. Iíve taken it for ages, so Iím sure there is plenty soaking my brain and blood. Anyway, I got 15 grams at the time. It was a spring day, sunshine, feeling average. The flat Iím at in the city has no windows really. The doors are windows, but you canít see much for weather outside of them. So, itís not really an ideal environment to take mind altering substances from what Iíve been told, in a dark cave. I am though, very used to cell like rooms, and I am overwhelmed whenever I hear someone speak about how they trip and go into nature. I never think I can handle that. Anyway, I ate them, had some water (oh my goodness, the taste is so foul) and began the wait. Sitting in the cell, nothing really to enhance the experience at this point, just reading and listening to some mellow Solomon Burke. I was convinced with all the meds I had been on, and in all those years, there couldnít be much of an effect.

Surprise! Pleasant surprise from God or Gods or none, whichever you prefer. I canít help but find it divine when I began to feel a sense of relaxation and a lift of mood I never can achieve with big pharma drugs. I just cannot reach this level of peace without them. MDMA or exercise comes close, but thatís another world and another story.

A combination of calm and happy are two feelings I am detached from daily. I pushed my boundaries, and sanely. I went to the park for a walk, and I would never usually go outside on my own. Yes, I have issues.

I understand only occasional use with mushrooms can be effective. There is a wave exhaustion during the last hour, but itís the most gentle come down Iíve ever experienced. I am writing to report information I was never encouraged or introduced to in clinics, hospitals, or with any psychiatrist or therapist. My mood was genuinely elevated and I was more comfortable in my own skin.
My mood was genuinely elevated and I was more comfortable in my own skin.
It is no cure, but it was so different and effective to whatís on the legal market in the United States. I felt glowing and hopeful for an extra day as well. No side effects to report apart from eyes that looked embarrassing.

I am anxious to read about how this and MDMA could help people like me with mental health disorders. I have been told for years that my pharma pills couldnít cure, but could help with symptoms. However, I would feel drugged and unclear whenever a dose increased. Now, I genuinely feel helped, and itís a mushroom?!

Exp Year: 2015ExpID: 107804
Published: Jan 29, 2020Views: 605
Mushrooms (39) : Therapeutic Intent or Outcome (49), Depression (15), Medical Use (47), Combinations (3), Alone (16)