Support accurate info and harm reduction.
Donate $50+ and get a Know Your DrugsData tee
Quite an Interestingly Unusual Night
Yoga, Cannabis & Melatonin
by Austin
Citation:   Austin. "Quite an Interestingly Unusual Night: An Experience with Yoga, Cannabis & Melatonin (exp107894)". Erowid.org. Nov 17, 2020. erowid.org/exp/107894

6 mg oral Melatonin
  T+ 0:20 1 bowl smoked Cannabis

My original intentions for the night were to do a bit of yoga and to take my melatonin in order to lucidly dream. I proceeded and did just that. Approx. 20 minutes after, I had decided to go sleep. Unfortunately, I couldn't sleep again (I have trouble sleeping). In attempt to hasten sleep, I smoked a bowl/water bong pack (give or take a .5) of Pineapple Express. I was already feeling a very calm, relaxed 'sensation' if you will; brought on by the yoga and melatonin. Though- shortly thereafter -upon smoking that pot, I became rather intensely high. I would not say it was too much to handle, but everything is relative to experience. I for one, have tested more substances than I can count on 4 hands. I have mixed many substances. The last time I was panicking or anything of the sort was my first time using marijuana at 14 years old. Since then, neither drug or combination has broken me. Although I do not intend to boast; I am simply emphasizing on the fact that I am very experienced with psychoactive/psychotropic/psychostimulant plants, and various chemicals (ie: various pharmaceuticals, illicit 'street drugs', inhalants and chemicals, hallucinogens, disassociative/deliriants).

However, this experience was quite intense. With that being said, I consider myself a bit of a psychonaut. At any rate; on this night, as I had said above, my original intentions were not to get high. Upon smoking that bowl pack, I proceeded to get in bed when it hit me. Now, I had anticipated this bud would be potent, but this was unexpected. I would say there was profoundly more 'sustenance' to this experience. The usual effects of a marijuana stone came on, followed by mild confusion and extreme visuals (my bedroom lights were turned off and my LED strip was on dimly). The visuals consisted of very pronounced shapes and patterns; almost 'hyper realistic' in appearance. Mostly noticeable after having tried LSD (liquid) for the first time when I was 15, I began to regularly experience mild-moderate closed-eye visuals, with a positive correlation between marijuana potency and intensity. The visuals were relatively similar to the former, but almost appearing to be on a considerably larger scale and projected in an odd fashion- as if it were a colorful fluorescent light in various changing colors that had been dimmed down. A very strong body buzz came on as well- maintaining and intensifying the experience. Mostly confusion clouded my thoughts, though likely attributable to my surprise at the whole situation unfolding the way it did. Mind you, all of this sensory input crept up on me, very intense, very relaxing, spiritual/psychedelic experience.

Very intruiging and pleasent sensations and vibes. Need to try it again when I'm expecting it, ha.

Exp Year: 2016ExpID: 107894
Published: Nov 17, 2020Views: 422
Cannabis (1), Yoga / Bodywork (202) : Combinations (3), Alone (16)