Subjective Effects of Psychedelics Survey
Researchers at the Psychedelic Research Lab at
Monash University, Australia are conducting a survey
about the subjective effects of classic psychedelics
(LSD, Psilocybin, Mescaline, Ayahuasca, & MDMA).
Reality Escape
Salvia divinorum
by 151
Citation:   151. "Reality Escape: An Experience with Salvia divinorum (exp10808)". Erowid.org. Jul 5, 2018. erowid.org/exp/10808

smoked Cannabis (plant material)
  4.5 hits smoked Salvia divinorum (leaves)

It was a Sunday morning, about 3am. I lye awake in bed staring at the ceiling with a strange aura of thought around my body. Something gave me the sudden urge to escape from reality. The only substance I had that I could use to assist me for the time was my wonderful friend Marijuana. After smoking a good amount of bud, I felt like listening to some music.

I went downstairs to the computer, and then played with some winamp visuals on it. Then the thought of it jumped into my head at just the right time. I had bought a large quantity of salvia leaves a few weeks before. I had tried it about 4 times before tonight, and had given up hope on the salvia because its effects weren't what I wanted them to be.

Tonight, I'm going to give it another go. I took 4 hits, and then in the middle of the 5th hit, this feeling like I was a helpless child hit me. The feeling inside me was a very floaty feeling, alot like the laughing gas you get at the dentist. My body froze. I fell back onto the bed in the room I was in. It was a yellow bed with small blue flowers all over in the shapes of diamonds. I go tup after about a minute, and then looked at the bed. I saw many patters in the flowers on the bed. Wherever I saw a pattern, the blue flowers would turn red and green. I sat in the chair at the computer when I realized that the music was still on. I started looking at the winamp visual. It had a flame style oscilliscope and many ellipses. I focused in on the oscilliscope, but instead of looking like fire to me, it looked like evergreen trees. After analyzing the trees, I observed an ellipse in the bottom half of the screen, and then I decided that it would be the lake for the trees. Within a few seconds I had a whole landscape set up and was watching it as the seasons changed. I went through each season twice. I felt like I was in another world, and world in which there was no such thing as reality. I forgot that I was looking at a computer and not realizing it was there, it didn't exist. I was in my landscape.

After going through the seasons and watching my paradise grow and evolve like a parent would watch its child, this feeling escaped me. I felt lost. I wanted my world back. I looked at the visualization and couldn't figure out how I had made my landscape with the designs it made. I couldn't figure it out. For those few minutes, I had gained an artistic side to myself and given the imagination I had when I was a child. I found myself back to my normal self and amazed at my experience. I felt like another piece was put into my puzzle of life. I felt another step closer to knowing what life is. Salvia is definately a great thing.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 10808
Published: Jul 5, 2018Views: 651
Salvia divinorum (44) : General (1), Combinations (3), Difficult Experiences (5), Therapeutic Intent or Outcome (49), Alone (16)