Life Changing
Lorazepam
by Stupido
Citation:   Stupido. "Life Changing: An Experience with Lorazepam (exp108652)". Erowid.org. Dec 27, 2017. erowid.org/exp/108652

oral Alcohol - Beer/Wine
    smoked Cannabis
  2 mg oral Pharms - Lorazepam (pill / tablet)
    repeated oral Pharms - Lorazepam (pill / tablet)

This is such an embarrassing story to tell, however, if one person doesnít make the same mistake then itís worth it to me. The worst part of this drug is that I have lapses in memory and once I am under the influence, I take more and everything spirals out of control.

Long story short, I found a prescription bottle in the parking lot of a fast food restaurant. In the bottle there was about 20 Watson 2mg and about 20 Logo 063 2mg. My first thought was to take the bottle to the police department and turn it over to them. The date on the prescription was about 2 years old. First mistake, I put them in my trunk and figured Iíd deal with it later.

Later came, Iíd had a couple of beers, a few hits of some good weed and my inhibitions were gone, as well as my common sense.
I got the bottle out and examined it very carefully, looking up pictures of the pills and convincing myself it was all-good. Second mistake, I took one, next thing I know, a family gathering and three days later, my family and friends think Iíve had a stroke or something.

As best as I can account for, I took about 12 2mg over the three days, my wife was in tears over it, my kids pretty much knew I was on something but couldnít get their heads past it because this had never happened before. I became so distraught I thought about killing myself. Finally, I took the fucking bottle, filled it with water, shook it up and poured it out on the lawn. Lorazepam dissolves really fast. Itís taken a week, but I have finally stopped gnashing my teeth in anguish because of this, Iíve had to lie my ass off, make doctors appointments, apologize without saying it because I would have to admit how much of a fucking idiot I am.

Iíve always been a wanna-be addict, I have tried just about everything with the exception of Heroin. Cocaine fucked my life up for a time; I messed with PCP for a couple of lost months, LSD, Shrooms, Vicodin, Percoset, etcÖ This fucking Lorazepam is the scariest shit I have ever messed with. Never, ever again, I am swearing off everything, weed, alcohol and the occasional opiate, drugs suck.

With all of that said, itís not the Lorazepam's fault, itís my fault, I abused something that is designed for a specific purpose, something that is prescribed by a doctor for a purpose. The worst of it, Iím 53 years old, grow up already.

Exp Year: 2016ExpID: 108652
Published: Dec 27, 2017Views: 7,170
Pharms - Lorazepam (79) : First Times (2), Overdose (29), Post Trip Problems (8), Multi-Day Experience (13), Health Problems (27), Various (28)