Have you used Psychedelics or MDMA
for anxiety, depression, trauma, or PTSD
Lights and Afghanistan
Cannabis
by Matt W
Citation:   Matt W. "Lights and Afghanistan: An Experience with Cannabis (exp108794)". Erowid.org. Feb 20, 2019. erowid.org/exp/108794

smoked Cannabis

All names have been changed to protect those involved.

A few years ago I was almost hit by a car, the driver of which turned out to be a merchant of the marijuana kind. After an exchange in numbers and an apology bud, I met up with a friend (male).

We were both very into our puff at the time and liked to try different strains of the substance. I ended up with what is known as Afghan Kush. We went to the house of a friend and rolled up a smoke of the Afghan Kush to share with her and her boyfriend.

Within half an hour of smoking this joint we felt a very intense fog settle on us. As I can't speak for everyone else, I remember the high to be very thick and cloudy. Tobacco (as we all smoked) seemed to have a strange taste like a bonfire and our munchies, Haribo and pizza, tasted very very weird. I recall that the Haribo left a thick coating on my tongue that tasted amazing for a very long time.

Around 3 - 4 hours after finishing the smoke, we slowly passed out watching a horror film which I would NOT recommend others try. Somehow I didn't have nightmares but watching the horror film was essentially self inflicting paranoia on myself.

Overall I found the following:
PROS:

Strong buzz from a shared joint left me in no doubt as to the potency of this strain.
Very pleasant and euphoric-watch-the-world-go-by feeling.

CONS
Extreme munchies and dry mouth. I blame this single event for the reasons behind a filling (courtesy of the amount of Dr.Pepper I drank!).
Easy to turn to a bad high if in the wrong environment.

Exp Year: 2012ExpID: 108794
Published: Feb 20, 2019Views: 440
Cannabis (1) : General (1), Small Group (2-9) (17)