Have you used Psychedelics or MDMA
for anxiety, depression, trauma, or PTSD
Cognitive Impairment
Quetiapine
by imnothing
Citation:   imnothing. "Cognitive Impairment: An Experience with Quetiapine (exp109037)". Erowid.org. Apr 30, 2020. erowid.org/exp/109037

300 mg oral Pharms - Quetiapine

I was on seroquel for roughly three years for auditory and visual hallucinations as well as a mood stabilizer. I could handle the inability to stay awake, the 15 hours of sleep I needed every night to function and the constant hunger that seroquel gave me. Hell, I could even handle the withdrawals that set in immediately after I missed a dose.

What I couldn't handle is the damage it did to my body. I've been off the meds for about a year now.
I've been off the meds for about a year now.
My vision went from perfect to well, not perfect, during my experience on seroquel. I now need glasses all day, everyday. Even worse, though, is my short term memory. It's completely fucked. I noticed it getting worse while I was taking the meds but brushed it off as just general zombie-ness that seroquel tends to induce. But even now, my ability to concentrate, to comprehend information, to string sentences together fluidly and on the spot is just...horrific. I feel like I'm 80. I forget everything. I'd take the horror of the hallucinations and uncontrollable mood swings over this cognitive impairment any day...

Exp Year: 2016ExpID: 109037
Published: Apr 30, 2020Views: 560
Pharms - Quetiapine (273) : Health Problems (27), Post Trip Problems (8), Medical Use (47), Not Applicable (38)