Modern humans must learn how to relate to psychoactives
responsibly, treating them with respect and awareness,
working to minimize harms and maximize benefits, and
integrating use into a healthy, enjoyable, and productive life.
The Mud Of Life
Kratom
by Gooch
Citation:   Gooch. "The Mud Of Life: An Experience with Kratom (exp109079)". Erowid.org. Aug 22, 2016. erowid.org/exp/109079

15 g oral Kratom (liquid)
  T+ 6:00 15 g oral Kratom (liquid)

Disclaimer: Kratom has been a vital component to my life. Take note this has been my routine everyday for the past 8 months. I am a seasoned kratom user and opiate addict. If you take kratom use it cautiously and make sure you are in the right environment.

11:00AM: Wake up, empty stomach. I take a bottle of water that's about 3/4s full and pour around 15 grams (give or take, I eyeball it at this point) of Red Vein Maeng Da kratom into it and shake it vigorously until it's diluted in the water, turning it from two separate substances into one thick muddy-water like fluid. I choke down about 3 large swigs of it each time chased with soda of some sort along with something salty. It tastes like thick, unpleasant, gritty green tea.

11:15AM: Effects begin to take hold. Mild euphoria and increased sensory. Groggy feeling of waking up goes away with each second the effects kick in. Moderate to severe nausea waves in and out the longer it's been since I've taken the last of it. I take a Nauzen chew to waft away nausea.

11:30AM: Kratom is in full effect. Sensation equivalent to hydrocodone. I'm highly alert and feel I can function at 110%. Dull to pain and can focus well with the task at hand. I pick up my guitar and practice intensely for hours.

12:15PM: Kratom wears off slightly. Groggy feeling clouds my mind as euphoria wears away. Mild allergy symptoms become more apparent, general discomfort becomes more apparent.

3:30PM: Effects end, feel sober/crappy again.

5:00PM: First dose completely worn off, I prep second dose before I go to work. Second dose is uncomfortably harder to take down. Still choked down with chaser, salty food, and Nauzen chew.

5:30:PM: Kratom effects are present again but much more mild. Energy and socialability still high. I'm much more productive while intoxicated on kratom.

6:30-8:30PM: Slight kratom buzz still present. Definitely less intense than first dose. Productivity still high. Mild nausea and dehydration.

11:00PM: Kratom wears off. Feeling of hangover take hold. Feeling of allergies takes hold. Congestion, groggy, nausea (general flu-like symptoms) become present.

Withdrawal: Kratom DOES have withdrawal symptoms and WILL cause physiological dependance. I experience it if I'm off of it for a full 24 hours. It's the same withdrawal as opiate drugs. Symptoms I experience are lethargicness, allergy-like symptoms, hot/cold flashes, cold sweats, muscle spasms, restlessness, exhaustion, soreness, antisocial behavior, and psychosis-like symptoms.

Conclusion: Kratom is a sure fire way to ween off all opiates or cope with opiate withdrawals because it is the same high. Low doses will cause mild euphoria and high doses will completely sedate.

Exp Year: 2016ExpID: 109079
Published: Aug 22, 2016Views: 3,232
Kratom (203) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Addiction & Habituation (10), General (1), Unknown Context (20)