Stunning Huichol Yarn Art
Donate $150 or more and get a beautiful Huichol yarn
painting, hand made by Huichol artists in Mexico.
They make fabulous gifts! (6, 8, 12 & 24 inch pieces available.)
Traditional Medicine
Desmanthus illinoensis
by Debra
Citation:   Debra. "Traditional Medicine: An Experience with Desmanthus illinoensis (exp109139)". Erowid.org. Oct 13, 2016. erowid.org/exp/109139

0.25 cups oral Desmanthus illinoensis (tea)

I was suffering from a bad bout of poison ivy that left my eye swollen shut. Went for a walk and was mesmerized by this plant's beauty. When I got home I spent some time identifying it. What a coincidence (?) to find that it was considered a traditional remedy for eye ailments.

I went back to collect about 1/4 cup of leaves which I let steep in a cup of water for most of the day. When applied to my eye, the itch stopped almost immediately.

I believe the plant had called out to me and I am really grateful for the relief it provided.

Exp Year: 2015ExpID: 109139
Published: Oct 13, 2016Views: 2,712
Desmanthus illinoensis (78) : Not Applicable (38), Medical Use (47)