Erowid - Honest Global Drug Information
The Cleanest Stimulant I've Come Across
Isopropylphenidate
by Zirtonic
Citation:   Zirtonic. "The Cleanest Stimulant I've Come Across: An Experience with Isopropylphenidate (exp109186)". Erowid.org. Oct 20, 2017. erowid.org/exp/109186

Noopept (daily)
      Vitamins / Supplements (daily)
  30 mg insufflated Isopropylphenidate

Iíve done Isopropylphenidate (IPPH from here on out) a few times before but I feel as though Iíve got all I can get out of the substance so I figured Iíd go ahead and write up a report.

Quick history: Been doing drugs for about 3 years now. Well versed in most stimulants and a wide variety of other substances from dissociatives to deliriants. Iím not taking any medications. I do have a daily stack of Vitamin C, ALCAR, ALA, and noopept that I take for cognitive function and just general health benefits. These also help with comedowns which Iíll get into later.

Put simply, IPPH is what I would call the perfect functional stimulant. Thereís little recreational potential even at doses up to 100mg, so Iíd simply look elsewhere if youíre looking for euphoria. That said, if you need to get schoolwork or housework done then look no further. The lack of side effects and the barely-there comedown make IPPH a very forgiving substance. Anyways, onto the report.

T+0:00 Ė Intranasally administer 30mg of IPPH. I ate a small meal about 45 minutes ago but I doubt it will affect the experience at all. There is a very slight burn, but nothing even a novice couldnít handle. If Adderall is a 2/10 on the pain scale, then IPPH is around a 3/10. Pain subsides after about 15 seconds. There is also a drip, but it isnít anything repulsive. Itís not like the sweet drip of Adderall, but it doesnít make me want to gag or anything either. Ever so slightly bitter, but easy enough to handle.

T+0:10 Ė First alerts. Iím much more motivated to do things that need to be done.
Plus, once I get started on something, I find it impossible to put down until it is finished. I wouldnít say Iím having fun like one would on an amphetamine, but the laser focus drives me to finish whatever Iím working on.

T+0:30 - Same as above, but the effects have intensified. Iím constantly looking for something to work on. I am getting ever-so-slight tinges of euphoria which are nice, but theyíre few and far between. Only side effects Iím experiencing at this point are some slight jaw tension, a very slightly increased heartrate (my resting is around 65BPM, Iím now sitting at around 90BPM), and dry mouth. I grab a powerade and take 200mg of chelated magnesium.

T+1:00 Ė Iíve reached the plateau of the ďhighĒ, if you want to call it that. My jaw tension has lessened thanks to the magnesium. Iíve finished what work needed to be done, so I go ahead and fire up Overwatch. As is typical with stimulants, my gameplay is overall much better. My aim is more on point, my reaction speed is better, and Iím able to keep track of many things at once such as enemy ultimate ability status and how healthy my team is.

T+2:00 Ė Nothing new to report. Same as where I was an hour ago. Maybe starting to feel a slight comedown, but I could just be wore out from playing video games. I managed to eat a turkey sandwich with relative ease. Definitely easier than eating on amphetamine. It still isnít pleasant, but itís much less of a chore.

T+3:00 Ė Effects are starting to wane. What little comedown there is almost entirely negligible. Thereís about a 20-30 minute period of felling kind of ďblehĒ, but within an hour I feel completely normal. No feeling of being drained and no depression. Appetite is returning and I decide to eat a granola bar and a cup of applesauce. I also take 1g of Vit. C, 500mg of ALCAR, 300mg of ALA, and another 200mg of magnesium.

T+3:30 Ė Thanks to the supplements I now feel perfectly fine.
Sleep that night was easy enough. I tossed and turned for maybe 15 minute but I was asleep within 45 minutes of getting into bed. The next morning, I feel completely normal.

IPPH can be summed up in two ways: A perfected version of caffeine would be the first. No jitters, a reasonable length, minimal appetite suppression, and it doesnít feel I wired or tweaked like amphetamine can. The second way would be a more work focused methylphenidate. Because of the lack of euphoria, it isnít very recreational, but it would still be nice at parties just for the social enhancement. Gives a small mood boost which in turn leads to a small confidence boost, so talking to others (I'm naturally anxious) is much easier than normal.

On the whole I find IPPH to take my number 1 spot for a clean, functional stimulant.

Side note on oral dosing: Dosing orally is almost identical except for the (expected) longer duration. If I eat it I usually come up in 30-45 minutes depending on when I last ate, and effects last for around 5-ish hours and then I comedown around T+6:30. Also, this may just be me but I donít notice any loss in potency when eating vs when snorting, but YMMV.

A pick me up with minimal side effects.

Exp Year: 2016ExpID: 109186
Published: Oct 20, 2017Views: 5,745
Isopropylphenidate (684) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Performance Enhancement (50), General (1), Alone (16)