Citation: Kaleida. "A Mildly Active Dose: An Experience with 4-HO-MCPT & Cannabis (exp109456)". Erowid.org. Dec 1, 2017. erowid.org/exp/109456
||(powder / crystals)
| T+ 1:00
This was my first experience with 4-HO-McPT, and the first I've ever heard about anyone having with it. I have decided to publish this trip report due to that fact, but I probably would not have otherwise, because there honestly isn't too much to say about it. Nonetheless, I will include the information that I can so that others may make more informed decisions when they attempt to use this substance in the future.
My previous experience with psychedelics includes DMT, MET, MiPT, DiPT, DALT, Psilocybe cubensis, 4-HO-MET, 4-HO-DET, 4-HO-MPT, 4-HO-EPT, 4-HO-DPT, 4-HO-MiPT, 4-HO-DiPT, 4-AcO-DMT, 4-AcO-MET, 4-AcO-DET, 4-AcO-DALT, 5-HO-DMT, 5-MeO-MiPT, 5-MeO-DALT, Ipomoea tricolor, Argyreia nervosa, LSD, ETH-LAD, 2C-B, 2C-I, DOC, and MDMA. My most recent trip was four days before this, smoking MET, which I have to imagine probably didn't create too much tolerance.
- I ingested 25 mg 4-HO-McPT orally with water and a snack. I tried to get it down as quickly as possible so maybe I just succeeded in that way, but I recall it actually not having very much of a bitter taste compared to other tryptamines I've used, though one was definitely still present.
- Around this time I was already starting to notice some telltale tryptamine come up signs, such as a suddenly more dreamy head feeling and some slightly tingly legs, but it was pretty weak compared to the intensity I often get from them, especially the ones with methyl tails. I honestly wasn't even totally sure whether or not it was placebo, but whether I tricked myself into it or not I was definitely feeling at least a little bit of something.
- Tired of pacing around and still not feeling much, I got in the shower to pass the time and feel cleaner.
- I got out of the shower, still pretty much no significant effects noticed. I still do have the slightly tingly legs though.
- With still no real effects having developed any further, I decided to start smoking cannabis and listening to music. Over the next forty-five minutes I could tell that adding the cannabis in definitely did bring it out just slightly more, but pretty much only to the level that I was now sure I really was feeling something from the 4-HO-McPT, but what that feeling was still wasn't particularly noticeable or distinct. At this point it felt pretty much like a low dose of most tryptamines on the peak, a heavy relaxation, slight music enhancement, and a good bit of yawning and stretching.
At this point it felt pretty much like a low dose of most tryptamines on the peak, a heavy relaxation, slight music enhancement, and a good bit of yawning and stretching.
- Around this point I suddenly started getting a boost of excited energy, at the same time the heavy feeling was starting to pass. This is actually quite common with tryptamines for me, and by far the most with those with methyl tails, so I took this as another pretty strong sign that I was indeed feeling something real from the 4-HO-McPT. I would say that this was probably the most enjoyable part of the experience, I got up danced to music for about half an hour before it started to pass as well.
- Wanting to relax again, I decided to run a hot bath for myself and get in.
- The bath was very nice, I honestly felt mostly normal by the end but at the beginning there was some decent euphoria, and I could tell that my sense of my own body was actually altered somewhat in a LSD-like way, such that I had more confidence about my own appearance. The same kind of thing also happens to me commonly on 4-HO-MPT, 4-HO-MiPT, and MiPT much more than any other tryptamines, so I guess it's just something about this particular kind of structure that really kicks it off. There was a very slight sense of colorful LSD-like imagination enhancement here as well, but it didn't really amount to much before fading away along with the rest of the effects.
- I feel that I'm almost totally down, though there is sort of a wave-like pattern to this trip that picks back up again slightly after this, but not in any particularly significant way, mostly just in the tingly feelings again.
- I ate lunch and started cleaning, and I don't remember anything else developing from the drug beyond this point, aside from a delayed headache a bit later in the day that serotonergic drugs often give me.
Normally at this point in the trip report I would reflect on things and try to make some comparisons, but this experience was honestly too mild for me to want to do that, I'd rather wait until I've really gotten to see just what 4-HO-McPT can do before I start making those kinds of judgements. In the meantime though, I hope this was informative to anyone who is desperately looking for any information on this molecule.
Stay safe, my fellow experimenters!
COPYRIGHTS: All reports are copyright Erowid and you agree not to download or analyze the report data without contacting Erowid Center and receiving permission first.
Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the individual authors who submit them.
Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.