Help us be a 2021 "Top Rated Nonprofit", and spread accurate info
about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Fear of the Dark
5-MeO-DALT
by LD_50
Citation:   LD_50. "Fear of the Dark: An Experience with 5-MeO-DALT (exp109665)". Erowid.org. Dec 30, 2016. erowid.org/exp/109665

300 mg oral Pharms - Bupropion (daily)
  T+ 0:00 300 mg oral Pharms - Divalproex (daily)
  T+ 0:00 25 mg oral 5-MeO-DALT (pill / tablet)
  T+ 2:00 25 mg oral 5-MeO-DALT (ground / crushed)

Method of administration: Oral

Setting: alone in my room, watching some Jormungand

Mindset: Excited and curious.

Material: pellets

Experienced with psychedelics but not a regular user

Other medications taken daily : Bupropion 300mg, depakote 300 mg

21:15 50mg would be a bit much for a first time so I take only half.

21:30 Reading some trip reports, expecting to feel something any time now.

22:00 Still nothing. Pretty bummed, considering to take the other half

22:05 Finally feeling something, a slightly warm fuzzy feeling but barely noticable.

22:20 Feeling pretty relaxed, colours seem a bit brighter but nothing else

22:30 Holy shit whatís happening? Suddenly feeling like my bed is lifting in the air. Decide to focus on the experience instead of my laptop.

22:35 Taking off with bed into space, no visuals but it feels real.

22:45 Good feeling suddenly almost gone. Feeling pretty bummed that that was it. Decide to wait until 23:15 to take the second half in case thereís another peak coming.

23:00 Feeling completely sober

23:15 took the other half, crushed the pellet this time.

23:30 Oh boy here we go. The warm fuzzy feeling encompasses my entire body and I feel extremely good. The sensation feels like an orgasm.

23:45 Colours become more intense, Iím really appreciating the art style and background music in Jormungand

23:50 Everything seems to move slower, I start to see every little detail on my laptop

00:00 gotta pee, motor skills are completely intact and I have no problem walking around. Peeing feels awesome.

00:05-01:00 Really sucked into Jormungand, I can feel the characters emotions and it feels like the bullets are literally flying around me. But it isnít scary or something, just awesome.

01:00 Getting ready to go to sleep, I have class in the morning. Really excited what this would do in the dark.

01:05: Lurking on facebook and I see a really scary picture. I feel extremely uncomfortable and decide to shut down my laptop and start cuddling with my cat.

01:15 Lights out. Thoughts start racing like crazy. Iím thinking about a problem I have in my paper and suddenly I see tons of possible solutions.

01 :30 Thinking about people I know and how beautiful everyone can be. Suddenly see red eyes flashing in the image of a friend of mine.

01:40 starting to feel really uncomfortable, every image I try to put in my head has those red eyes. And the image starts flashing. Thought streams starting to get interrupted by visions of people who hung themselves. Iím completely losing control, although I donít have any real visuals my mindís completely going rampant. I start to see rotting flesh and my friends dying. I start to hear some internal screaming and I see strange humans peeling the flesh of their face and breaking pieces of their skull.

02:00 Okay thatís it, I decide to put the lights back on and take a benzo because I clearly lost all control. Nasty feeling and thoughts completely gone the second I put the lights back on.

02:05 starting to feel extremely well again and Iím really appreciating how my room look and I have complete control again. Decide to wait a bit to see if the benzoís still necessary.

02:15 Decide to put my lights out again because I really need to sleep. Fucked up images instantly pop back in. Canít find the light switch and grab my phone to make some light. The light of my phone also completely takes the bad images away. I decide to play some games on my phone until the trip is over.

02:30 Iím really having fun with the game Iím playing (donkey kong country). Iím dying over and over but I donít care. Itís just fun.

03:00: Feel like the effects are going down. Decide to try sleeping again. No creepy shit this time, just extremely comfortable.

03:15 still in my headspace and I feel good. Thought stream is intense but good, Iím slowly falling asleep and the thought streams are all fun images.

10:30 slept like a baby but missed class, oh well. No hangover, no bad feelings but no afterglow either.

Conclusion:
- Personally maybe not the best chemical to do alone, I had fun but it would have been better if I was with friends.
- Easy to control for the most part.
- No real visuals, a bit of colour enhancement
- Sense of touch extremely improved, everything feels nice.
- Short

Side note: The bad visions probably werenít the chemicals fault. Every time I take any form of psychedelic I go from uncomfortable to bad trip when Iím alone in my room with lights out.

Exp Year: 2016ExpID: 109665
Published: Dec 30, 2016Views: 3,564
5-MeO-DALT (321) : General (1), Alone (16)