Erowid relies on the generosity of the public for funding.
Please, include Erowid Center in your charitable giving!
No Effect or Poor Prep Method
Cacti - T. pachanoi
by Daltont
Citation:   Daltont. "No Effect or Poor Prep Method: An Experience with Cacti - T. pachanoi (exp109997)". Erowid.org. Sep 12, 2018. erowid.org/exp/109997

12 in oral Cacti - T. pachanoi (tea)

I bought two 12' cuts of fresh San Pedro from a reputable, well-reviewed source...I planted the one, and prepared the other. Following several 'successful' prep methods, I sliced and blended a 3-4' thick, 12' long cut. I added about two cups of distilled water and simmered it on my gas stove for nearly four hours at approximately 150 degrees, stirring occasionally. I then used a shirt to strain out all the liquid (twisting the shirt until there was only a hard ball of waxy, dried up stuff left).

I drank all of the putrid-tasting, slimy liquid...it's not easy. It tastes about like you'd expect a blended-up cactus to taste--like a really bitter Bell pepper juice smoothie. I waited hours for a trip that never came.
I waited hours for a trip that never came.
In fact, I'm not sure I felt anything. If I closed my eyes, I thought there was a very slight buzzy visual activity, but this was minor and well-within placebo range. If you're not sure if it's doing anything, it might as well not be.

I know mescaline content in San Pedro can vary--and maybe this prep method is simply no good, despite several reports claiming it is--but I thought it was disappointing to feel basically nothing at all. Certainly not worth the admission price, or drinking the bitter slime.

Exp Year: 2017ExpID: 109997
Published: Sep 12, 2018Views: 384
Cacti - T. pachanoi (64) : Unknown Context (20), Preparation / Recipes (30), General (1)