Hand-Crafted Glass Molecules!
Donate $100+ and get an art glass molecule.
(Pick caffeine, DMT, dopamine, ethanol, harmine, MDMA,
mescaline, serotonin, tryptamine, nitrous, THC, or psilocybin)
Nothing to Fear!
Kratom
by Sleepyeyeguy
Citation:   Sleepyeyeguy. "Nothing to Fear!: An Experience with Kratom (exp111451)". Erowid.org. Apr 18, 2018. erowid.org/exp/111451

oral Kratom (daily)

For the first time in a long time, I slept through the night without RLS (restless leg syndrome). The past few days have consisted of fairly dramatic tapering, but nothing unbearable. I made a commitment to my family (especially my wife) to get off of kratom.

For at least the past couple of weeks I tapered from taking a palm full (maybe a rounded teaspoon, maybe a little more) of powdered kratom (toss and wash) probably 5 or 6 times a day to taking a palm full 3 times a day morning, noon and night. I did this for a couple of days, then I started pushing back my morning dose to as far out as I could stand it, knowing that at any point I could take it if I wanted to, but that the more I suffered the better off I would be.

I got the point the next day, or two days later that I completely cut out my morning dose, as I was able to wait for my first dose until the time my second dose would be. The next day I didn't take my first dose until noon, then 1 the next day. Last night I decided to avoid taking my evening dose. Surprisingly, the tapering and fairly dramatic detoxing made it so that I was able to sleep all night without restless legs. And this morning (about 6AM), it is still manageable.

I am surprised at how easy it was with the method that I used!

[Reported Dose: "28 grams/day tapered to 0"]

Exp Year: 2018ExpID: 111451
Published: Apr 18, 2018Views: 838
Kratom (203) : Addiction & Habituation (10), Not Applicable (38)