Review Erowid at GreatNonprofits.org!
Help us be a "Top Rated Nonprofit" for the 10th year in a row
and spread info about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
A Pleasant Experience With a Friend
Diphenhydramine
by Deja_Vu
Citation:   Deja_Vu. "A Pleasant Experience With a Friend: An Experience with Diphenhydramine (exp111564)". Erowid.org. May 30, 2018. erowid.org/exp/111564

250 mg oral Diphenhydramine (pill / tablet)
  T+ 0:10 1 g smoked Cannabis (plant material)
  T+ 1:30 75 mg oral Diphenhydramine (pill / tablet)
  T+ 1:30 1 g smoked Cannabis (plant material)

I have never tripped before this and am still unsure if I did in fact ďtripĒ but here is my experience.

T + 0.00
I took 10, 25mg pills of Benadryl which is 250mg in total. I was with a friend who had taken 9.

T + 10.00
We put on face masks and smoked around 1g of marijuana each while waiting for it to dry. Iím not tired at this point and am starting to feel a tightness/gassy feeling in my stomach and chest but nothing too uncomfortable.

T + 45.00
I feel somewhat drowsy but mainly high, itís a nice euphoric feeling. As I look at the walls I notice small cubes of static.

T + 60.00
My words begin to slur and limbs feel heavy and almost like static. My mind is completely conscious yet my body and mouth feel drunk. I state multiple times that, ďI know Iím slurring my words but I just feel high.Ē And for the most part all I did feel was high.

T + 70.00
I continue feeling more and more inebriated. Any attempt of walking was followed by my body losing balance and having to catch myself. Both of our eyes are extremely bloodshot.

T + 90.00
The ďdrunkĒ feeling wore off and I feel extremely tired and keep telling myself that once the tired feeling wears off Iíll begin to trip (spoiler: I didnít). Iíve never taken any type of hallucinogen prior to this experience and am not sure how Iím supposed to feel so I take 75mg more of DPH and smoke about another gram of marijuana.

T + 95.00
I almost immediately feel very high and somewhat drunk again, would I have still felt this way if I hadnít smoked?

Neither of us felt too heavy or weighed down at any point in the night. I forgot to mention that I got up to pee every 20 or so minutes about six times, and I had a pretty bad cotton mouth throughout the night. I feel extremely tired the rest of the night and decide to finally go to bed around two in the morning. I slept without interruption until around 11:45 am and couldnít recall any dreams I might have had during my sleep.

Overall. It wasnít an awful or scary experience as I went into it thinking it would be. The DPH hit my friend almost the same as it hit me but around and hour apart from each other, hers the latter.

Exp Year: 2018ExpID: 111564
Published: May 30, 2018Views: 1,399
Diphenhydramine (109) : General (1), First Times (2), Small Group (2-9) (17)