Combines Emotion / Cognitive / Empathetic
Propofol
by Mitz
Citation:   Mitz. "Combines Emotion / Cognitive / Empathetic: An Experience with Propofol (exp111630)". Erowid.org. Mar 16, 2018. erowid.org/exp/111630

IV Pharms - Propofol (liquid)

I was administered IV Propofol for a colonoscopy this A.M. I can only recall waking up, with immediate realization of effects. I immediately asked the nurse, 'what is the drug that they administered'? She said 'it is the drug that Michael Jackson overdosed on'; which I thought was humorous, as if I'd run out, and buy it, and overdose.

I noticed that my senses/emotions, were in perfect balance to cognition/thought. It was if I had taken a light mixture of MDMA, and say, a benzodiazepine. It had an empathetic feel, as if I loved everyone in the room, but as I noticed in the literature, it seems to decrease sympathetic activity, and that is exactly what it's like, as if a combination of vagal response with cognition exists. That is, a mild dissociation with ability to retrieve memories rapidly, and think creatively. I'd say one of the best feelings that I have ever had. Similar to cannabis, MDMA, and mildly dissociative. I can see this being abused by surgeons, medical staff only; most people wouldn't have access.

As psychiatric/therapeutic drug; would perhaps be great for complex PTSD, would open up repressed memories, as it seems to turn off sympathetic supervision... best way that I could explain.

Exp Year: 2018ExpID: 111630
Published: Mar 16, 2018Views: 2,253
Pharms - Propofol (490) : General (1), Medical Use (47), Hospital (36)