Support Erowid Center with a $50 Donation
And get a blacklight-inked "Erologo" t-shirt!
Gentle But Personally Valuable
Damiana & Dextamphetamine
by Quinney
Citation:   Quinney. "Gentle But Personally Valuable: An Experience with Damiana & Dextamphetamine (exp111737)". Erowid.org. Mar 27, 2018. erowid.org/exp/111737

repeated oral Amphetamines (pill / tablet)
  4 g oral Damiana (tea)
  1 g smoked Damiana (leaves)

Repetitively dosed dexamphetamine throughout the day and itís been just over a week since Iíve had it so fairly taken by the Dex. At the time of writing this itís 4am and I've been taking them all day, not too sure on the dose. Just to fill in some more context Iíve also exercised, stayed hydrated and managed to eat a sufficient amount of protein and decent food.

Iím not a stranger to the herb Damiana as in Iíve had it from time to time when I have purchased small amounts that I have primarily used for teas and occasionally spinning my cannabis with as it often slightly complements the cannabis high without being overbearing in smoke harshness or flavour.

So as per usual, Iíve been sipping light Damiana teas throughout the day with perhaps 1-2 teaspoons of dried leaf in them. This hasn't really produced prominent effects worth noting (as expected) however given my stimulation I decided to explore a higher dose for the sake of noticing something. I read on various sources that a sufficient dose was about 5g of dried leaf. So I weighed out 5g on my scale and steeped 4g with boiling water for 17 minutes and rolled the remaining 1g into a large joint. Eventually when the tea had steeped for long enough I diluted it with some cold water so that I could skull it down (it can also have a strong bitter flavour when highly concentrated in tea) and almost immediately after I smoked the joint (which was quite pleasant in flavour) on my veranda while enjoying a remarkable view of my city, the early morning freshness in the air and the ambient noises around me such as possums, distant cars and wind shifting through the land.

During this time I noticed a fair change in my consciousness as I went from feeling somewhat anxious to significantly mellow. This was accompanied by an increased sense of wellbeing and that regardless of the non-existent past or future, this present moment seemed to be just right. I canít help but feel at peace with my existence despite my stimulus for worrisome thoughts & feelings. Itís also worth noting that space & movement feels slightly altered & various lights appear to be more mystical.

I thought it was important to note this particular experience because despite this being a somewhat gentle or subtly experience, I found it to be quite noticeably enjoyable and important to me. Itís so easy to get caught up in the rabbit hole of only evaluating substances on the merit of their stimulation or intensity as I often do when it comes to my semi-regular but potent Dexamphetamine use and experiences like these remind me that there lays more value to a substance beyond overbearing and potent effects. I want to remember this experience should I feel Ďboredí without the influence of drugs and hopefully it may serve as a cue to reconnect with inner ease & acceptance.

Exp Year: 2018ExpID: 111737
Published: Mar 27, 2018Views: 755
Damiana (107) : Combinations (3), Alone (16)