Survey: Psychedelics and Microdosing
A survey asking about dosage, frequency, and effects
of microdosing w/ mushrooms (or other psychedelics).
A short survey by a student at London South Bank
University hoping to further knowledge about this topic.
Euphoria With a Price
Methylphenidate
by Billiam
Citation:   Billiam. "Euphoria With a Price: An Experience with Methylphenidate (exp111743)". Erowid.org. Apr 27, 2018. erowid.org/exp/111743

2 tablets insufflated Pharms - Methylphenidate (ground / crushed)
  T+ 24:00 2 tablets insufflated Pharms - Methylphenidate (ground / crushed)
  T+ 0:00   repeated   Pharms - Methylphenidate

Day 1:

I went to a friends place, let's call him J. He has severe ADHD and has been taking this drug since he was a child. He told me about the medication he was taking, and it's effects. He told me it helped him with his depression, along with helping him focus at school. We had a ton of fun, watched some horror movies, then we went to bed... except I couldn't sleep. Being a typical addict I raided his 'stash', and grabbed a couple (2 pills, didn't use that night, waited till I went home the next day).

Day 2:

[Erowid Note: Driving while intoxicated, tripping, or extremely sleep deprived is dangerous and irresponsible because it endangers other people. Don't do it!]

I went home and decided to tempt fate. I removed the coating on the outside of the pills. I crushed them using the blunt side of a corkscrew (it was all I had at the time) and snorted them off the side of my pocket knife. It took a short time for the high to set in, but when it did... BOY DID IT SET IN. I got higher than I'd ever been off Merry Jane. This high was different though, I felt focused, beyond anything I'd ever felt before. I sat down and played video games with my dad, and strangely, he didn't notice how high I was (at least I don't think so). I drove him to the store and we got some ice cream. All and all the first experience was the greatest high I'd ever felt, but keep reading, it's not worth it.

Day 3:

On this day, I felt the need. I found out my mom was taking the same drug that J was taking for her ADHD, but at a lower dose (10 mg). I started taking her stuff, looking for the same feeling. I snorted 2-3 of these little pills and was flying as high as I was the other day. The focus was intense, everything I did seemed even more interesting than the last. It was AMAZING, but my heart rate felt way too high. Even so, later in the day I took more. I was up all night, paranoid about my heart rate, but still tried to stay focused on my games and on my homework.

Days 4-6:

I was at the point where I had no more Ritalin left, I felt a physical and emotional pain. I wanted more, so bad... I couldn't take it. I looked online for anything I could find to get a similar feeling, but for nothing. My folks found out about the theft, and I was section 12'd, put in the 'loony bin' if you will, but that's self explanatory.

Conclusion:

I will never touch this substance again, it's like meth. Once I ate the forbidden fruit, I will always want more.Thanks for reading.

Exp Year: 2017ExpID: 111743
Published: Apr 27, 2018Views: 2,070
Pharms - Methylphenidate (114) : Various (28), First Times (2), General (1)