Subjective Effects of Psychedelics Survey
Researchers at the Psychedelic Research Lab at
Monash University, Australia are conducting a survey
about the subjective effects of classic psychedelics
(LSD, Psilocybin, Mescaline, Ayahuasca, & MDMA).
More Potent Than You Think
Kratom
by ThePoobaman
Citation:   ThePoobaman. "More Potent Than You Think: An Experience with Kratom (exp111821)". Erowid.org. Apr 17, 2018. erowid.org/exp/111821

3 tsp oral Kratom (ground / crushed)

I've tried every common drug you can think of besides meth, and a laundry list of research chemicals and herbs that are a little more obscure.

I won't name any specific vendors, but if I find a good strain from a vendor with a lot of good reviews, a light dose of finely powdered kratom is 2 grams or about a teaspoon. I have little to no opioid tolerance, but every time I have taken more than 4 grams I have only gotten nausea and diminishing returns. Many of my friends have confirmed this.

Here is what a typical kratom 'overdose' feels like, as I experienced about two weeks ago:

T + 0:00 I consume three teaspoons of kratom via parachuting in paper towels (this method requires some practice and the parachute has a tendency to burst in my throat, which feels like inhaling a dustbunny, so I don't recommend it).

T + 0:15 I begin to feel effects. At this stage they are quite pleasant, though I feel a bit sweaty and can't seem to get comfortable.

T + 0:30 I am completely incapable of working. The euphoria is still there, but I feel increasingly uncomfortable. Had I taken a lower dose, I would have enjoyed improved focus, but I am incapable of focusing on even the most simple of tasks. I had a pizza in the oven, but I have completely forgotten about it and it's getting burnt.

T + 0:35 I remember the pizza after smelling smoke. I let out a series of 'ohfuckohshitohfuck' exclamations and tear it out of the oven.

T + 0:45 I try to eat the pizza, but it's pretty burnt and my appetite is shot to hell anyway. Euphoria is lessening. Feeling quite nauseous.

T + 1:00 Too nauseous. Euphoria is replaced by discomfort.

T + 2:00 Nausea dying down. Feel tired and irritable.

T + 3:30 Completely 'down,' I go to bed.

T + 10:30 I wake up too early after having slept poorly, and feel bad the rest of the day.

In conclusion, don't overdo it. Kratom is a fun drug, but don't base your dosage off of experience reports from before 2013-14.

Exp Year: 2018ExpID: 111821
Published: Apr 17, 2018Views: 1,920
Kratom (203) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Overdose (29), General (1), Alone (16)