Help us be a 2020 "Top Rated Nonprofit", and spread accurate info
about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Pleasant, Mild with Low Dose
4-AcO-DMT & Vortioxetine
by Gingerbreadwoman1
Citation:   Gingerbreadwoman1. "Pleasant, Mild with Low Dose: An Experience with 4-AcO-DMT & Vortioxetine (exp111962)". Erowid.org. Jun 2, 2018. erowid.org/exp/111962

13 mg oral 4-AcO-DMT (powder / crystals)
  20 mg oral Vortioxetine (daily)

Pleasant, Mild Experience with Low Dose

At about 7:30 PM, I measured 13 mg of 4-aco-dmt in a small plastic medicine cup on my jewelerís scale. I wanted to get a good feel for the substance with a light experience before taking a full dose. I knew I was unlikely to have visuals on 13 mg, especially since I take antidepressants, but settled on a conservative dose because this type of hallucinogen is new to me and because my husband seemed a little anxious about my experiment. Iíve never even done real mushrooms before, just LSD and some related analogs.

After carefully measuring the powder, I added water and drank it. It didnít taste good, but it wasnít terrible. I added water again and drank that, to avoid losing any residue left in the small plastic cup. I wasnít even a little nervous. I felt confident. I felt this was overdue. I felt that this experience and subsequent experiences with the same substance were likely to be positive. This was no later than 7:35. We settled down to watch movies.

By 7:50, I started wondering if I was feeling something. It wasnít distinct, and I wondered if it was just my nerves catching up to me. It felt a little like anxiety. By 8, I knew it had to be the beginning of the 4-aco-dmtís effects.

Around 8:30, we paused the TV and I got up for water and a trip to the restroom. Everything felt a little different. I could have said that things felt unreal, but also could have said that they felt more real than ever before. I felt a tiny bit unsteady as a walked. I was smiling a lot. I was impressed by how vivid everything felt. When I go back to my seat, I took a few minutes to notice how interesting things were. Looking into my glass of water showed more depth than usual. Holding my necklace and letting the charm move back and forth on the chain created an interesting sensation. It wasnít weird or out of the ordinary, just more vivid and interesting.

Over the next hour or two, everything was just more interesting and more fascinating.
Special effects on the TV were beautiful and impressive. My reflection in the mirror seemed to reflect something more significant and real. I went outside to look at the moon and the few visible stars, and they seemed more three-dimensional than usual. Fireflies appeared for a while in the yard, and I watched them with rapt interest.

I had no real hallucinations, which is as I expected, but I things had a vaguely glowing quality, almost like a vaguely perceptible aura. Text on screens glowed a bit. I occasionally had the experience of thinking I saw movement out of the corners of my eyes, but saw nothing when I checked. Once, when zoning out, I had the brief impression of fractals. Iím hopefully that this might mean a more typical dose will lead to real visuals despite the fact that I take antidepressants, which are known to reduce the effects of hallucinogens.

My husband commented that I seemed very alert and happy, which mostly matched how I actually felt. He said I seemed pleased every time he talked to me, like it was just an exciting thing to happen. I think I was more empathetic in general, being more strongly affected by both positive and negative emotional moments during our movies. It seemed like my default was to feel happy and positive, but the stressful moments of the movies also really stressed me out.

As the experience wound down, I kept smiling and feeling generally good. Today, the day after, I feel normal but possibly more relaxed than usual.

It was worth taking a low dose. In a way I wish I had bumped it up to 15 or even 20 for a more full experience, but the entire evening was positive and Iím glad I did it.

Exp Year: 2018ExpID: 111962
Published: Jun 2, 2018Views: 1,532
4-AcO-DMT (387) : Small Group (2-9) (17), Combinations (3), General (1)