Review Erowid at GreatNonprofits.org!
Help us be a "Top Rated Nonprofit" for the 10th year in a row
and spread info about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Unexpected Visitor
Cannabis
by william
Citation:   william. "Unexpected Visitor: An Experience with Cannabis (exp111975)". Erowid.org. Jun 5, 2018. erowid.org/exp/111975

smoked Cannabis (plant material)

Seeking to get high on marihuana for the 1st time at age 17, I aggressively smoked 2 joints with several friends. After 2 minutes, I felt a jabbing pain in my abdomen and my stomach lurched oddly. I stood and a hot smoky sensation rose from by belly to my chest. It was accompanied by a powerful fear of impending doom. Only then did I remember smoking the joints, and reminded myself to calm down and relax. My heart rate went to maximum as the sensation continued upward into my head. In another minute or two, the left side of my head had gone cold and numb, while the right side was normal. Also, my vision began to pulse like a slide show. A tingling sensation gathered in the left front of my head, then slowly crawled to the left rear of my head. A tensing sensation ensued for 4 or 5 seconds, followed by a powerful shock that convulsed my mind and vision. It was if I were suddenly looking through binoculars from the wrong end. This only lasted a second or so, but it was immediately followed by a repetition of the cycle. Tensing, shock, visual zoom. It lasted for 3 minutes, or approximately 36 shocks. Afterwards, my self perception and perception of my environment had changed. This episode segued into an episode of major depression, which was repeated several more times in my life.

Today my EEGs are abnormal showing significant pathology in my dominant temporal lobe.

Exp Year: 1971ExpID: 111975
Published: Jun 5, 2018Views: 922
Cannabis (1) : Small Group (2-9) (17), Depression (15), Bad Trips (6), Difficult Experiences (5), First Times (2)