Review Erowid at GreatNonprofits.org!
Help us be a "Top Rated Nonprofit" for the 10th year in a row
and spread info about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Needs to Be Fresh?
Nutmeg
by The Patient
Citation:   The Patient. "Needs to Be Fresh?: An Experience with Nutmeg (exp11210)". Erowid.org. Jul 10, 2019. erowid.org/exp/11210

4 tsp oral Nutmeg
  T+ 1:00 5 tsp oral Nutmeg

Being bored the yesterday, I was looking around online at a harm reduction website and noticed a recent in-pouring of numeg experience reports. Most were positive, so I thought I'd give nutmeg a try. There was 4 teaspoons (1.33 tbsp.) in my cupboard, so I ate it all. I did this with lots of water, of course! This was around 1:45 PM. At about 4:00, I wasn't feeling anything and was slighly disappointed. I thought I read somewhere that the nutmeg needed to be fresh. The stuff I ate was really old, which probably explains why I didn't feel anything.

So I ran out and got some much fresher nutmeg and had 5 tsp of that at about 5:00. I had consumed a total of 9 tsp, or 3 tbsp.

For the rest of the night until I went to bed, I didn't feel too different. However, I felt oddly relaxed while staring at my computer screen...I didn't feel nausious when standing or walking, but when I sat down I would feel euphoric, almost like a light marijuana stoning. It was faint and somewhat fleeting.

When I woke the next day (today), I felt pretty normal. I went to school, and something strange happened. During my first class, I started feeling light-headed and happy again, like I had the night before. Again it was subtle, but this time it lasted for about four hours. At the same time it started, I noticed I had really bad cotton mouth. The cotton mouth lasted the entire day; it persists even now as I type this.

I guess I didn't feel the full effects of the nutmeg because half of the stuff I ate was really old. I'm going to try again tomorrow, this time with about 3-4 tblsp. of the much newer stuff.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 11210
Published: Jul 10, 2019Views: 576
Nutmeg (41) : General (1), First Times (2), Hangover / Days After (46), Multi-Day Experience (13), Various (28)