Subjective Effects of Psychedelics Survey
Researchers at the Psychedelic Research Lab at
Monash University, Australia are conducting a survey
about the subjective effects of classic psychedelics
(LSD, Psilocybin, Mescaline, Ayahuasca, & MDMA).
A Car with No Options
4F-PHP
by Zirtonic
Citation:   Zirtonic. "A Car with No Options: An Experience with 4F-PHP (exp112359)". Erowid.org. Sep 25, 2018. erowid.org/exp/112359

Pharms - Bupropion (daily)
  T+ 0:00     Pharms - Buspirone (daily)
  T+ 0:00 2 lines insufflated 4F-PHP (powder / crystals)
  T+ 3:00 3 tablets oral Diphenhydramine

Short intro: Iím very experienced with drugs, although this drug is the first one Iíve done in quite a while (excluding my daily bupropion and buspirone regimen). Tons of stimulant experience so I had a rough idea of what to expect with this particular substance. Again excluding my meds, the last drug I ingested was a fair bit of alcohol around 5 days ago so Iím going in to the 4F-PHP with a mostly clean slate.

I weigh out roughly 10-15mg and separate it into 2 lines. One up the right nostril, wait a minute or so, one up the left nostril. This stuff has quite a bit of burn to it but itís not terrible. Iíd say itís a step or two below MDMA on the pain scale. Thereís a sharp sting, the burn hangs around for a few minutes, and then youíre clear. Drip was present but essentially completely tasteless. Thatís really it regarding actually doing the drug. Pretty unremarkable (spoiler alert: this is a common theme).

The most peculiar thing about this substance is that even after snorting it it takes a few minutes to feel effects. Anyone whoís ever railed something knows that itís usually never longer than 30 seconds before youíre up but with this I had to wait 5 minutes or so. Once that 5 minutes is up though the come up is expectedly quick. Within a few minutes my mouth is very dry, and Iíve started to sweat a little bit.
Luckily there isnít much of a smell to it which is always a plus. Iíve got quite a bit of energy but not so much that I feel the need to get up and/or go outside or anything. Just bouncing my leg and actively focusing on something is enough stimulation to keep me satisfied.

The euphoria is probably the most basic euphoria Iíve ever felt. I feel good yea, but thereís absolutely nothing special about it. On a-PHP and MDMA I tend to feel like Iím weightless or levitating. Adderall has a bit of a dirty side to it that, while not a pleasant feeling, at least makes the feeling unique. 2-MMC is a very ďthickĒ stimulation I guess is how I would describe it. Full bodied and very apparent at all times, which ends up being synergistic. The euphoria on 4F-PHP is just a basic, 5/10 feeling. It feels good, but just good. No perceived change in body weight, not very dirty, not super in your face, itís just there. I know Iím not being very descriptive but there isnít really anything to be descriptive about.

I did notice an increased ability to focus and I think that might be the drugís strongest positive. I didnít attempt to do any actual work but keeping up with multiple conversations in an IRC channel took no effort. I had music playing at one point while I was also watching a YouTube video and didnít feel overwhelmed. I was able to focus on both simultaneously without crossing any wires in my head, if that makes sense. This is probably the best reason to use the drug, although I think the euphoria might be distracting if one is trying to do actual work.

I guess Iíll cover the x rated stuff real fast. Keeping with the theme of mediocrity, sexual stimulation was pretty run of the mill. Getting an erection was extremely difficult and keeping it was just as hard (bet youíve never heard that pun before). Release felt good but nothing crazy. Better than normal, but not even as good as say, a mild Benadryl high (100-150mg) would feel.

The high in total lasted between 2 and 3 hours. The come down was noticeable but I didnít feel drained or depressed really. I was certainly not in as good of a mood, but I didnít want to blow my brains out or anything. I felt kind of gross, so I took a shower and afterwards ate a couple granola bars. They werenít super easy to get down, but it didnít take all that much effort.

Adding any other stimulants on top of my daily bupropion makes it impossible to get to sleep, so I took 3 benadryl before bed. This means I canít really comment on how tough it was to get to sleep. The Benadryl took the normal hour or so to kick in and I was out like a light.

If 4F-PHP were a car, it would be a mid-range sedan with no bells or whistles. It wouldnít even have automatic windows. It gets you from point A to point B, but thatís all it does. 4F-PHP makes you feel good while stimulated, but thatís it. The definition of mediocre.

Exp Year: 2018ExpID: 112359
Published: Sep 25, 2018Views: 1,706
4F-PHP (873) : Combinations (3), General (1), Alone (16)