Spiral Erowid Zip Hoodie
This black mid-weight zip hoodie (80/20) has front pockets,
an Erowid logo on front chest, and a spiral design on back.
Donate and receive yours!
Chronic Use
Ketamine & Pharmaceuticals
by notforyou
Citation:   notforyou. "Chronic Use: An Experience with Ketamine & Pharmaceuticals (exp112491)". Erowid.org. Oct 23, 2018. erowid.org/exp/112491

repeated insufflated Ketamine (daily)

Chronic Ketamine Use/Experience

Preamble:
Iím diagnosed with MDD, Bipolar II/Cyclothymia/BPD, onsetting Schizophrenia, GAD/SAD, ADHD, etc. pp.
Therefore, I took many (prescribed) drugs alongside, including Escitalopram, Fluoxetine, Methylphenidate, Quetiapine, Promethazine, Lorazepam, Alprazolam, and Diazepam.

I found Ketamine to be extremely effective as a quick remedy to depressive thoughts. It made me worry less, and made me less anxious but carefree. In that sense Iíd put it on par with Benzodiazepines, although I feel like Ketamine is significantly less cognitive debilitating at equivalent dosages.

Furthermore, I found myself to be in a state of increased focus and consciousness or awareness; at times taking hour-long walks thinking about anything that came into my mind, but in a very clear-headed, structured and ordered way. I suspect the typical experience with Ketamine wonít be of this extend though, as most people donít normally experience the chronic debilitation that comes with depressive episodes.

There are vital downsides and risks to it though. My tolerance ramped up significantly, and hasnít normalized even after occasional weeks of abstinence. I probably took up to 500mg intranasally over a single day, without even feeling any of the dissociative effects. Moreover, while I canít be sure whether this particular substance is to blame, it seems to bear the risk to trigger psychosis, at least for me. These tend to be of mani(a)c and/or paranoid nature, but both are most likely related to my existing mental problems.

Exp Year: 2018ExpID: 112491
Published: Oct 23, 2018Views: 1,144
Ketamine (31) : Not Applicable (38), Therapeutic Intent or Outcome (49), Addiction & Habituation (10), Retrospective / Summary (11)