Your Mom Does Her First Candy Flip
by wild magic
Citation:   wild magic. "Your Mom Does Her First Candy Flip: An Experience with LSD & MDMA (exp112571)". Dec 6, 2018.

T+ 0:00
1 hit oral LSD (blotter / tab)
  T+ 2:45 1 hit oral MDMA (blotter / tab)
  T+ 7:00   vaporized Cannabis  
  T+ 12:00 1 tablet oral Pharms - Alprazolam  


I'm a boring old lady, mother of teenagers. I used to party my ass off in the 90s and early 00s but I took way too much Molly during the end of that period of my life. I got severely burned out (you can find a old report here under the same pseudonym, that was me 16 years ago). I thought I'd lost the magic forever. I'd never had the chance to candy flip because by the time I started playing with Esctasy in 2001 or so, there was no LSD to be had for love nor money. I settled down, got married, and had a family like some kind of normie. Once Lucy came back on the scene a few years ago I'd occasionally indulge, and I had the odd heroic-dose mushroom trip over the years, but for the most part, I'm probably a bit like your mom.

Recently, I had come across a hit of strong WoW LSD (tested as real Lucy, supposedly dosed at 110ug but it felt a lot stronger- and I say this having formerly done 10-strips on the regular) and a single pill of ecstasy of somewhat unknown provenance (taking it when I wasn't 100% sure where it came from, and didn't have a test kit, was probably not smart, test your substances kiddos). My teenagers were out of the house for a couple of days so I said "fuck it" and decided to have some quality me-time.

I dropped the LSD at 7PM. I tend to get anxiety so I like to do something quiet and emotionally neutral on the come-up.
I dropped the LSD at 7PM. I tend to get anxiety so I like to do something quiet and emotionally neutral on the come-up.
I sat down to watch nature documentaries while waiting for Lucy to show herself. I was on the sofa with my dogs. I chose a couple of 4k videos of undersea life and strapped myself in for the ride.

I knew Lucy was definitely in the room when I started to wish I could mute the narrator on the documentary without muting the music. His voice was super annoying and he sounded like a John Wayne impersonator talking about fish. Suddenly I couldn't stop laughing at a whale shark on the TV. Its mouth was such so huge and it seemed like the most hilarious thing I'd ever seen. Shortly after that, flowing patterns started emerging from my normally boring carpet. Soon the grain in my wood furniture started flowing, too. At that point I turned off the TV because things in my own environment seemed far more interesting and beautiful. I played with my dogs (they had this squeaky ostrich toy with a colourful plastic knot that looked like it was alive, twisting and pulsing and breathing). I giggled a lot and had a great time.

I kept checking my watch because I'd planned to introduce Molly to Lucy at 10PM, three hours after first dropping. The night was extremely cold when I got up to let the doggos out. I couldn't get warm again when I came in and it was getting harder and harder to read the time- I really should have set an alarm, but oh well. At 9:45PM I gave up and sent Molly down the hatch, then took my dogs upstairs to my bedroom to meditate.

I guess meditation sounds like a boring way to spend a candy flip, but I learned after several "heroic dose in silent darkness" trips on mushrooms that it can be really rewarding to just be still and experience a substance (or combo of substances) fully. I put on meditation music to quiet the rabble of earworms in my head and just sat and breathed. After a while I noticed I was clenching my teeth and also that the whole world had taken on a sort of golden hue.
I noticed I was clenching my teeth and also that the whole world had taken on a sort of golden hue.

The next couple of hours were incredible. I was on my bed with a ton of blankets and pillows and my two lovely hounds, who are the world's best trip sitters, happy to take advantage of my willingness to snuggle and pet them endlessly. Of course Lucy on her own can be a bit cold and emotionally distant but this was something new entirely. I snuggled in a big puppy pile with the dogs and I just breathed and felt all the emotions, which were all happy and warm- I felt such a deep, profound gratitude for my life that I was nearly in tears. At the same time I started to get a minor ego death- nothing over the top, I just felt like I was blurring into my environment and I didn't know who I was for a while. My joy seemed crystalline, and I knew that this time was incredibly precious, to be savoured, because it wouldn't last long. Every breath felt like an amazing miracle and I meditated on my breath for a good long time. I needed to change positions a lot more often than I'd normally do when meditating and was constantly stroking one or the other of my dogs and clenching my jaw but not to the point of it being unpleasant. I thought to myself that this felt like an acid trip dipped in and perfect and beautiful.

I guess at about two AM or so (I still couldn't read my watch, as I'd misplaced my glasses in the process of migrating to the bedroom) I started to come back to earth a bit. I'd turned off the meditation music. It was silent and dark and I started to get this weird effect that I get when I sit in silence with Lucy, where it feels like I can hear the magnetic fields emanating from objects around my house- I swear I can hear all the different wi-fi enabled objects like my phone and my tablet making low droning buzzing noises that echoed off each other and off the sound of the wiring in the walls. It's not completely unpleasant but it has a cold metallic feeling and I knew it was a sign that Molly was leaving for the night.

This is the point when I would have loved some non-canine company, but instead I loaded my weed vape and took a magnesium tablet as my jaw was starting to get sore. I ended up going back downstairs at least five times before I found my missing glasses case (it was trapped between two of the sofa cushions). I spent the rest of the night listening to Fleetwood Mac and reading trip reports on Reddit as Lucy made her very slow exit. At 7AM I got up to let the dogs out. Afterwards I took a Xanax and went to sleep.

When I woke at about 1PM I was surprised to feel a distinct afterglow rather than the apathy and depression that I had come to associate with mornings after Molly. Apparently if I don't re-dose multiple times during a night, I don't get tweaked out. Who knew? I'm now up doing laundry and writing this trip report and I feel great. My teenagers will be home in a couple of hours and I'll be thrilled to see them. I got the vacation I needed without even leaving my house.

Exp Year: 2018ExpID: 112571
Gender: Female 
Age at time of experience: 46 
Published: Dec 6, 2018Views: 2,658
[ View as PDF (for printing) ] [ View as LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Switch Colors ]
MDMA (3), LSD (2) : Alone (16), Glowing Experiences (4), Combinations (3)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports are copyright Erowid.
TERMS OF USE: By accessing this page, you agree not to download or analyze the report data without contacting Erowid Center and receiving written permission prior to your downloading the data.

Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the individual authors who submit them.
Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults