A Gentle but Powerful High
Methylphenidate
by K
Citation:   K. "A Gentle but Powerful High: An Experience with Methylphenidate (exp112578)". Erowid.org. Dec 19, 2018. erowid.org/exp/112578

90 mg oral Pharms - Methylphenidate (pill / tablet)
  T+ 0:15 10 mg oral Pharms - Methylphenidate (pill / tablet)
  T+ 1:30 10 mg oral Pharms - Methylphenidate (pill / tablet)

I am an 18 year old female, 120 lbs. I donít do a lot of drugs now, although in the past I heavily abused klonopin and ambien. Never done Ďhardí drugs like cocaine, lsd, or heroin. Now I stick to kratom and methylphenidate.

Iíve been taking ritalin for about a year at this point. It was prescribed for ADD. I started by taking my prescribed dosage of 20mg per day but once I learned it had the potential for abuse I quickly stopped. I started by taking 5 20mg extended release tablets at a time on an empty stomach. I canít remember exactly my first experience so Iíll relate to you my current experience.

My dosages have changed since I discovered the abuse potential, and now I take 55mg Ďdailyí. 30mg ER, 25mg quick release.

The setting: 3:40 am, in my bedroom. I canít sleep and want to have a more enjoyable night. In the past 24 hours I have only taken ritalin, about 20 hours ago. No stimulants like caffeine in days.

I take 90mg of ritalin orally - two 30mg ER capsules, and three 10mg quick release pills on a completely empty stomach.

3:55 am: I take one more 10mg quick release tablet. I find if I take one 15 minutes or so after the first dose it highly enhances and extends the length of the experience.

4:05 am: starting to feel some effects - thoughts are coming quickly and Iím able to focus on what Iím doing, instead of mindlessly switching between apps on my phone.

4:10 am: mild feeling of euphoria and calm. Although my mind is racing and I feel like I could do anything I want to, I still feel very calm and relaxed.

4:20 am: euphoria begins to really show itself, although itís very mild due to how long I have been abusing ritalin. Euphoria was much more pronounced in the early days. Nonetheless it is still noticeable. My mood, generally low, is high. I still feel very calm. Heart rate is elevated.

4:30 am: euphoria peaks. I feel really excited about my day that I was previously dreading, ready to face it head on. I find I can put a positive spin on just about anything that enters my mind.

4:40 am: beginning to notice the elevated mood starting to wear off. Still feeling quite happy and pleasant however. Focus is brilliant, I can sit down and do whatever I would like to do. The world feels very crisp and sharp somehow.

5:00 am: most of the euphoric feelings are gone, replaced with a calm and gently uplifted mood. Time seems to be moving very quickly, 20 minutes passed but it felt like 5 minutes.

5:10 am: took one more 10mg tablet in hopes of continuing to extend the experience. Total taken is 110mg. Beginning to feel the comedown. Focus is still high, heart rate is still slightly elevated, but my mood is beginning to drop and cravings for more are starting.

5:20 am: starting to feel bored and restless. Focus is still there but tasks arenít as enjoyable as they were.

5:30 am: definitely feeling the crash. No more happy feelings at all, although I can still focus quite well. Cravings to take more are definitely creeping up on me. I no longer feel energized, instead I feel lethargic and restless at the same time.

5:40 am: all motivation and happiness is gone, replaced with a feeling of depression.

Overall:
The experience was incredibly fun as always. The best part lasted a little bit over an hour. The comedown sucks as it always makes me feel very depressed but itís not overwhelming. For me the positives outweigh the negatives.

Some side notes:
I have tried snorting Ritalin. For me the entire experience was unpleasant. It wasnít painful but the drip was so foul I found myself gagging. I snorted 60mg of it and never felt any effects - perhaps because my body is used to a much larger dose. Nonetheless I donít think I will be trying that again, nor do I recommend it.

Tolerance is definitely an issue. Although Iíve kept my dosages relatively similar (ranging from 80mg to 140mg) I can never achieve the same high that I could when I started taking ritalin. In addition, if I take it more than 3 days in a row, it stops having any effect whatsoever and I have to take a 3 or 4 day tolerance break. So what I typically end up doing is taking it every other day.

I find when I take it my appetite is nothing for the entire day. Rarely after taking it I will experience some blurred vision. These are the only noteworthy side effects Iíve experienced.

Exp Year: 2017-2018ExpID: 112578
Published: Dec 19, 2018Views: 9,684
Pharms - Methylphenidate (114) : Medical Use (47), General (1), Alone (16)