Stunning Huichol Yarn Art
Donate $150 or more and get a beautiful Huichol yarn
painting, hand made by Huichol artists in Mexico.
They make fabulous gifts! (6, 8, 12 & 24 inch pieces available.)
The Bounds of Moxy's Potential
5-MeO-MIPT
by TripNotic
Citation:   TripNotic. "The Bounds of Moxy's Potential: An Experience with 5-MeO-MIPT (exp112699)". Erowid.org. Jan 25, 2019. erowid.org/exp/112699

18 mg oral 5-MeO-MIPT
  T+ 1:00 18 mg oral 5-MeO-MIPT

My 5-MEO-MIPT experience began in the winter of 2015 when I was 20 years old. Iím choosing to submit a report because I have not been able to find much about doses of this chemical at the 50mg plus level. So it looks as though my opinion and experience with Moxy may be worth something to a curious psychonaut out there.

I decided to try this substance because of the report I read describing Moxy to be the Tryptamines answer to ecstasy. This proved to be true from low threshold doses up to brim of 5-MEO-MIPTís known dose range.

After doing an allergy test my first experiment was with probably 8 mg. This dose produced some breathing on and around the corners of my bedroom door, nothing too special but comparable to LSD in a way. Mentally 8 mg caused euphoria and auditory enhancement but also some dissociation
8 mg caused euphoria and auditory enhancement but also some dissociation
, which was something I didnít experience at higher doses. I have questioned that this may be because it was my first time using this chemical so maybe initially there are some side effects that arenít typically experienced otherwise. I remember awaiting this trip with a mixtape of shigetto playing which was a nice element for this.

My next experiment was really profound It was what I would describe as DMT Dťjŗ vu. This time I weighed out a couple of 18 mg capsules and proceeded to drive 15 minutes from my house into the 55,000 person city I grew up in. Once I got to the place I was going to park I ingested one capsule eagerly and began to walk along the bike path to the rec center. From what I recall it was probably 45 minutes in when I began to feel a very energetic psilocin-like onset which soon lead to what some of the websites have referred to as acuity enhancement, color enhancement, and ďDirect flow driftingĒ. This phenomenon was different to me because usually I experience breathing and morphing from psychedelics like LSD and Psilocin. So this new found flowing visual brought on a great sense euphoria and interest.

About an hour in a decided to take another 18 mg capsule to see how much better this already great experience could become, how could I not. My first observation was that this capsule caused me to see pink and green in the snow. Also, I saw drifting visuals through what I have described as in the ďmidstĒ. (Visuals that arenít at the surface but are existing against the air in between in a sense.) Similar to how ďGridsĒ are from LSD and N-Benzyls. Another thing that was notable about this next capsule's effect was that as it was becoming dusk the asphalt I prepared to walk on appeared to have extreme depth to it like I was stepping off of the snow into a bottomless pit, this made me laugh. After this strange excerpt I went into the corner gas station and gawked at the DMT esque sensory perception enhancement I was seeing. I greeted the attendant like I was rolling on E, which was entertaining to reflect on.

A few weeks later I decided to test the bounds of Moxyís typical dose range. I ingested probably 65 mg.
Some of this experience has became hard for me to remember but the few things I do remember Iím still processing. From this experiment I had came to the conclusion that it is possible to see what I have theorized to be spiritual heat signatures of peoples bodies where they once were. It was as if people left behind a translucent spirit body of themselves for an undeterminable amount of time, or something like that. For instance, what I saw was myself standing in front of the mirror in the bathroom as I was getting out of the shower, and there wasn't any steam. I saw this right around the beginning of the trip maybe one hour in. (This was the most profound experience from this dose.) This translucent heat signature vision came and went and then soon after I realized that I was in for a strange night. I remember seeing CEVís that were very beautiful and serene, but not quite as vivid and bright as what Iíve seen from 25i-nbome in comparison. At some point during the trip I remember making some strange yawning noises that sounded a bit animalistic. The desire to make these noises was instinctual and it relieved me of some tension I had been carrying beforehand.

The only negative thing I have to report about this chemical was that about 2 hours into this experiment I forgot my computer password when I was still immersed in the CEVís (I freaked out.) This was my first time ever having amnesia. Although since this experiment Iíve read that memory suppression can be a positive thing if it is embraced properly. So If I was prepared for it maybe It could have been a useful thing for me spiritually.

The amnesia doesnít freak me out thinking about it anymore but for some time after this experiment I did lean towards preferring to use 25-i-NBOME instead of Tryptamines and it had to do with the amnesia I went through from Moxy.

Exp Year: 2015ExpID: 112699
Published: Jan 25, 2019Views: 1,556
5-MeO-MIPT (287) : Public Space (Museum, Park, etc) (53), Retrospective / Summary (11), General (1)