Citation: Xorkoth. "Pleasant Glow: An Experience with 5-MeO-MET (exp114148)". Erowid.org. Sep 2, 2020. erowid.org/exp/114148
First trial of 5-MeO-MET - 6mg rectally
| T+ 0:00
| T+ 2:00
||Alcohol - Beer/Wine
Feb 12th, 2020
- Ingested 6mg of 5-MeO-MET rectally. It has the appearance of a tan, fine powder, reminiscent of the 5-MeO-MiPT I have. I tasted a tiny bit of it (just a dusting left on the weighing tray) and it tastes just about like 5-MeO-MiPT. I'm about to run down the street and pick something up. I wanted to work out but I don't have time. When I get back, I have some work to do and my boss to talk to about that work. Afterwards I will go to band practice. I wanted to have a normal day where I had work and music in order to test what should be a fairly low dose of this. I find it to be a good calibration setting with which to gauge a substance's effects profile. At a later time I will take the rest in a different setting to try for a full experience. I only have 20mg of this, which is why I opted for rectal administration, considering 20mg is in the middle of a "common" dosage in the sparse information available. Rectal tends to double the strength, so this should get me the two experiences I am aiming for, from light to full.
- Just got back. I wrote a single note in my phone, "T+0:08 - lightheaded euphoria". Very quickly, I experienced a flush of physical pleasure and almost a bit of a spinny-headed feeling, but in a good way. There was very little transition, I just suddenly began feeling good, with a light but definite emotional euphoric push. I still feel that same way, it has increased a bit but it was remarkable how quickly it established itself. Unlike with 5-MeO-MiPT, there is basically no unpleasant jangliness to it, it's extremely smooth. There is no anxiety to speak of, really no come-up feelings. The amplitude of the euphoria is less than what I tend to feel with 5-MeO-MiPT, but there is also far less of a price. There is a faint suggestion of a visual change, but no actual change. So far this has been entirely pleasant. It feels slightly stimulating, in that I'm doing a bit of jaw clenching, but I feel calm. It feels like more of an entactogen than a psychedelic at this dosage, but I can tell the psychedelia will develop more at a higher dose. I have a bit of psychedelic social awkwardness, very manageable, but it's there.
- The last 2 hours really flew by. I was working, so I wasn't paying a lot of attention to the effects. I was able to work quite effectively. I was talking on the phone with my boss and presenting some stuff I found for a good portion of that, and I had no difficulties with that except for a slight propensity for difficulty in word recall poking out here and there. Nothing major though. I still feel nice now, it feels past peak, but still more or less the same as before, just a little less intense. I have the feeling this is a very light dose and that it will develop more as the dose is pushed. I think next time, given its very unthreatening and comfortable nature, I will dose the remaining 14mg rectally, which should (going by standard convention) be roughly equivalent to about 28mg orally, which should be a fairly strong dose. I ate a small meal, and eating was pleasant. I am just trying to finish up some final work tasks, and then I am off to band practice.
The next morning
The rest of the night was marked by pleasantness and transparency. I showed up at band practice and felt at ease. One of our members didn't show up, and didn't let us know until the last minute, and the others were highly annoyed, and I was annoyed too, but still found myself in good humor and suggested we work on some other stuff. The music was very good, we worked out a new cover for our show in a couple of days, and practiced some stuff we were rusty on. I felt I was playing about average, but I was exceptionally into it and felt very creative.
I quit smoking cigarettes about a week ago, and my bandmates smoke, and band practice and shows are my biggest trigger, but I felt at peace not smoking. I don't know if 5-MeO-MET aided me in that or if I just am pleased to no longer be smoking cigarettes. It's hard to say exactly when the effects wore off, as they were very smooth and background to begin with. I kept feeling the warm glow of contentment, even at 10pm (T+7:30) when I got home, but it was most certainly an afterglow. It was hard to differentiate the post-peak and the afterglow. This morning I feel normal with no afterglow, hangover, or any sign that I took anything yesterday.
I find it curious that 5-MeO-MET is quite a bit less potent than the other 5-MeO-tryptamines I am aware of (5-MeO-MiPT, 5-MeO-DiPT, 5-MeO-AMT, 5-MeO-EiPT), even though 4-HO/AcO-MET and MET itself are not particularly less potent than their cousins. Other than the potency, I can't help but draw similarities to 5-MeO-MiPT. Both are marked by a euphoric glow, with some psychedelia but an equal amount of empathogenic/entactogenic loveliness. It might not hold true at a higher dose, but I found 5-MeO-MET to be less intense, more comfortable, less euphoric, and less psychedelic.
I look forward to trying the rest of what I have. I kind of wish I had saved the whole 20mg for one single go, but I wanted to be cautious with something so obscure.
Second trial of 5-MeO-MET - 12mg rectally
Feb 24th, 2020
- Ingested ~12mg of 5-MeO-MET rectally, the last of the small sample I have (I thought I had 14mg but I guess all I was able to recover from the foil was 18mg in total, or there was scale error on one side or the other). I've been having a productive and good day. As I wait for it to come up, I am going to go outside and get some firewood. I just got a wood stove installed last week and there is a chill... but there's nothing better than solving that with a fire!
- I definitely just started coming up. It's a coursing energy coming from my chest out through my extremities. It feels soft and pleasurable, but substantially more intense than it was at 6mg. It is reminiscent of DMT in a way, in the body. It's definitely a bit of a rush. My girlfriend just got home, and I feel a little silly but not awkward. I realized when I got back inside from getting firewood that not only do I already have plenty of wood up here, but it's also only supposed to get down to 45 degrees tonight. Heh. I feel somewhat scatterbrained but not in a bad way.
- I've been making a fire after all, as she is chilly and it will just be nice and let the heater work less. The feeling in my body is quite lovely, but one unusual thing is that I feel like my heart is beating hard, but when I check my pulse, it's not, it's quite soft and calm actually. There are no visuals, but there is the suggestion of visuals. Colors are brighter and more vibrant. I still feel somewhat scattered, but I'm in a good mood. I'm thinking about cooking some dinner, a vegetable stir fry with baked salmon. Nothing really special is happening, but this is enjoyable. There is a faint amount of tension in my body, and I have a slight tremor in my hands. It feels like my muscles want to clench slightly. Overall the feeling is very good but that aspect of it is not ideal. Mentally there isn't really much going on. I don't feel outright euphoric, but I'm smiling.
- I can say this is good for sex! Best orgasm I've had in quite some time. I have somehow never had the chance to test 5-MeO-MiPT in that department but this was great, increased desire, sensitivity, and I felt so connected to myself and my partner.
- I decided to drink 1 cider (6% ABV), which was a good idea. I feel much looser and more comfortable, and quite jovial. I am cooking the dinner I mentioned before, and I'm finding it quite fun to do. It smells delicious. I ate an orange a little bit ago and it was absolutely delectable, this reminds me of 4/5-MeO-MiPT as well as 2C-B-fly, in that things just taste amazing. I would say there is a general sensory enhancement going on, especially in touch and taste/smell.
- Eating was wonderful. I've been spending the last hour and a half reading my book, the second book of The Malazan Book of the Fallen
. It's very easy to get absorbed in it. Just now I had a memory surface of a friend when I was young, who got a modern computer with Windows 3.1 on it. I remember how crazy it was looking at how he used the mouse and it controlled the pointer on the screen. At the time we just had an old Apple 2e, I used to use those floppy disks that were actually floppy in it, I liked Lode Runner
a lot. There was a level that seemed impossible to beat, so we always used a cheat to skip that level. My mom used to spend a lot of time playing that game. Wow, I may have never thought of that again. Funny how memories can sometimes surface for no apparent reason. I wonder if I'll have any dreams tonight?
The next morning
I spent the rest of the night reading my book and sitting in front of the fire. I was very absorbed in the book, though the book is amazing regardless. I found my imagination to be very vivid. It was hard to tell when the effects ended as in many ways they were subtle to begin with, and they sort of just faded to a glow. I ended up going to bed at 11:30pm (T+5:00), and fell asleep with no issues. The highest I ever reached was during the peak, which was about 45 minutes in to maybe and hour and a half, 2 hours, which was a very light +2 perhaps, or a strong +1. The night was marked by good humor, good mood, pleasant physical sensations and sensory enhancement, but little actual content of its own. Rather, activities I participated in were enhanced. The state certainly reminded me the most of 5-MeO-MiPT out of any drug I can think of. It also resembled 4-MeO-MiPT quite a bit, actually it probably resembled that one moreso than it did 5-MeO-MiPT. Both drugs are very light on mental effects, with pleasant physical and light empathogenic qualities. I also found that on 4-MeO-MiPT, a lot of older memories surfaced for me which did happen once on this. It is likely that at higher dosages, 5-MeO-MET will become more psychedelic, however. But I couldn't say for sure.
Comparing my 6mg and 12mg rectal dosages, I was surprised by how similar they were. The main difference was that the 12mg dose was a lot more intense in the body. As I mentioned in my notes, it almost felt DMT-like during the come-up and peak, with a coursing buzz flowing from the center of my body through the tips of my extremities. It was a rushing feeling, pleasurable but almost slightly offputting at times, just like DMT (but much less intense than DMT). That aspect of it was not present with my 6mg trial. However the overall feeling, and most notably, the lack of any real content or distinguishing psychedelia, was common to both dosages. This leads me to wonder if 5-MeO-MET just isn't one for psychedelia and more closely resembles 4-MeO-MiPT, which as far as I can tell is always going to be more of an entactogen. I wish I had more of this to experiment with, I would feel totally comfortable doubling the dose as it was quite comfortable.
But all in all, there is nothing remarkable about this very pleasant tryptamine. If I were offered a dose, I'd certainly take it, but I won't go out of my way to get more. I prefer 5-MeO-MiPT, which, although less comfortable, is a fantastic combination of psychedelia and entactogen that I have consistently found to be pretty special.
COPYRIGHTS: All reports are copyright Erowid.
Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the individual authors who submit them.
Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.