A Muted Neutrality
Sceletium tortuosum
by Arywnn
Citation:   Arywnn. "A Muted Neutrality: An Experience with Sceletium tortuosum (exp114188)". Erowid.org. Mar 30, 2020. erowid.org/exp/114188

repeated smoked Sceletium tortuosum

This report describes my experience with smoking an herbal blend primarily consisting of Kanna (sceletium tortuosum).

On a Sunday morning not too long ago, I drove to a friend's house and, after driving to the coast, we returned to smoke several bowls of Kanna out of her pipe. A friend of her's came over, and we sat under around a table each smoking a full bowl about every five minutes for 30 minutes or so. I found the smoke to be pretty easy going down and have a tolerable aroma.

I had putten on a pair of anti-blue light goggles that bathed everything in an orange light and was generally just enjoying being outside. I found myself feeling a slight body high. I would best describe this high as laying in warm straw or hay. While our conversation was pleasant and there did seem to be a level anxiety removed, I felt very emotionally dulled and strongly "neutral." If I had been happy about something in my life before, I was not now. The same for sadness. The mild sedation continued for about 40 more minutes after smoking.

The rest of my day felt very flat, emotionally speaking. I felt like a less vibrant version of myself. Interactions that would have normally been pleasant or annoying in my daily life, were, in a word, fine. I was not dissociated, but rather muted instead.

Exp Year: 2020ExpID: 114188
Published: Mar 30, 2020Views: 613
Sceletium tortuosum (179) : General (1), Small Group (2-9) (17)